Shoes for Italy in July

Search

Shoes for Italy in July

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shoes for Italy in July

There was just another shoe question posted and made me think..."Hey, maybe everyone can help me?!"

I'm going to Italy for 10 days at the end of July. Since it is going to be REALLY HOT & humid, I (and my friends) planned on wearing lots of loose skirts (peasant type) with a few capris. We figured this would get us into all places we visited during the day. So, what shoes would be comfy enough to wear all day sightseeing but not look ugly with a skirt? I have a cute pair of "dress" flats (they don't look dress, but are hard) that go good with all the skirts but am at a loss for a more comfy shoe.
Also, another post mentioned those urban runners...do people wear them with skirts? (I wouldn't think so but just asking since they did look comfy).

Thanks for your opinions!
Donna
Old Apr 4th, 2006, 04:23 PM

Hi,
I have worn mesphisto or ecco sandals. They are really comfortable and do not look too horrible. I wore them through out Italy and Greece in the summer. Have a great trip.
Old Apr 4th, 2006, 04:30 PM

I have a pair of Clark's sandals that are so comfortable and don't look too bad with a skirt. They are the Clark's Suntrek. Mine are black leather, not nubuck like the photo. I could wear them all day and evening without complaint.
http://tinyurl.com/mdgqv

Teva came out with a dressier sandal this year. It is similar to the Clark's one I mentioned.

Have fun!
Old Apr 4th, 2006, 04:32 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Look at walking sandals by Clark, Ecco, Arche, Mephisto, Geox, Sudini, et al. Plenty of cute but reasonable sturdy sandals around.
Old Apr 4th, 2006, 05:49 PM

Go either for nicer andals (not the most industrial kind) or cute "fashion athletic" shoes. All the stores have these now - lots of colors, cute styles (I have some Skechers Mary Janes in red) that go with skirts or pants - but still have a little give - unlike dress flats - and are very comfy for walking.
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 06:51 AM

I am going to italy in june and needed similar shoes.i bought a pair of sketchers called biker.i ordered them on zappos.com.i loved them so much i got another pair in a different color,and i wear them so much i may have to get another before my trip.my friends see them and now they ordered them.and by the way,we live in south florida so they are good for hot weather!
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 07:15 AM

Not sure, but would it be cheaper to buy Geox in Italy?

Other sandals mentioned would work fine, make sure they have a thick, comfortable sole.
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 08:29 AM

Hi Vintner,

I have a pair of Teva "City Sandals" and a pair of Mephisto's. Both were great on my 3 week trip, but were also well broken in. I wore them for about 6 months, all summer before the trip.

Still, with the humidity, I got a couple of blisters. Be sure to take some Dr. Schol's moleskin and a pair of tiny scissors. It can save your trip!

Both types of sandals would look great with skirts and capris.
Buon viaggio!