Sharing travel photos online

Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 10:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sharing travel photos online

I want to share my travel photos online for viewing by others without letting the viewers print or order photos from the host site. I've created albums in the past on a few different sites, i.e. ofoto, picturetrial, photobucket, but I am looking for a photo hosting site that offers a setting to either watermark your pix or allows you to disable the right-click print or disable ordering.

Does anyone use a site with this feature? I found one a while back and forgot to bookmark the site.
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 01:21 PM

There was another thread about photo sharing sites just a few days ago, maybe if you search you can find it. There were numerous ones listed. Many on this board, myself included use www.pbase.com It cost $23 a year but you get 300mb of space, it's easy to use, it's very professional looking and there's no selling/ordering or anything like that. If you want to take a look my photos are at www.pbase.com/annforcier
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 01:23 PM

I believe that Photoworks. com offers that option; it used to, but I have not paid attention to the recent choices.
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 01:49 PM

I have an account with Yahoo which allows me create different albums, and to create restrictions within each album. I can specify who gets to see my pictures and prevent others from printing my photos. However, this does not prevent others from right-clicking and saving your photos, nor does this create a watermark on them.

I think you'd have to create your own watermark or copyright on the pictures itself before you upload your pictures on either pbase or yahoo, but I could be completely wrong and look forward to hearing from others who know better.
Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 12:58 PM

www.worldisround.com. You can set up various albums and have them open to public viewing or email invite only viewing. I'm not certain about printing from the site, but I don't think it's possible.

Sharing is free up to a certain storage capacity and then you can pay for more storage.