Seville, Spain

Old Jan 29th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seville, Spain

What is your favorite part of Seville? What is your least favorite part? I want to study for four months in Spain and am trying to collect information on some of the cities of interest.
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 01:34 PM

hi BoarderBabe

To be honest, we didn't have a least favorite part of Seville. The city wrapped it's arms around us as soon as we arrived and we enjoyed all the places we visited.

If we had to choose a favorite part it would be the walk along the river towards the bull ring.

Sitting there in the warm spring sun every morning, enjoying a coffee, watching the passing river traffic and looking over to some beautiful houses on the other side that we'd love to own!

For us, that daily routine was magical.

Joe
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 01:53 PM

hey joe

Good to see you posting.

I too have enjoyed that walk and, like you, it is one of my favourite strolls in the city.

How's your health? I know you had difficulties when you were in Spain but got through it all much to folks delight here (if anyone is interested, click on joe's name and choose the two threads about potatoes in Spain!).

I hope you are feeling a lot better and thinking of perhaps returning to Europe soon.

Bill

Old Jan 29th, 2008, 03:25 PM

If you are American and you are not associated with a university you might want to check into the Schengen agreement restrictions of a maximum of 90 day in most EU countries including Spain.
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 07:14 PM

The Real Alcazar and gardens rival the Alhambra, if you can't make it to Granada.

The Cathedral of Santa Maria may be the third largest in the world, with tombs of Columbus and Ferdinand III. Climb to the top of the Giralda.

In the Barrio de Santa Cruz we found a few quiet places to sit, eat and watch people, probably my favorite memory.
Old Jan 30th, 2008, 05:17 AM

Seville is the most wonderful city. We stayed in Barrio de Santa Cruz and it was an easy walk to the cathedral, the Alcazar Palace the river walk. It is a very manageable city and, at least to me, what I expected Spain to be like.

I would choose Seville for my studies in a minute. I have enjoyed all the other places we have visited but Seville is by far my favority city in Spain.
Old Jan 30th, 2008, 06:09 AM

Least favorite: The Cathedral, as I found it dark and dreary, and all I could think about was where all that gold came from. I also did not like the horse carriages, especially in warm weather they reek.

I loved the overall feel of the city and the food especially!