COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Sevilla - where to stay?

Old Nov 8th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Original Poster

Sevilla - where to stay?

Have any of you Fodorites ever stayed in a centrally located, charming small hotel with smiling staff and reasonable prices? If so, please share this gem with me. I will be staying a whole week in Sevilla and my base camp is very important to me! Thanks!
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 07:18 PM

"Reasonable prices" doesn't mean much if you only stay in only 4 or 5-star properties. What is your budget for this trip? There are a number of great properties, centrally located, but a little more information about your budget would be helpful.
Old Nov 9th, 2005, 01:38 AM

Robert2533's question is important, but so is the WHEN you plan to visit. If it's Semana Santa for example, you won't find 'reasonable prices' at 4 or 5 Star hotels.

If you are going 'off peak' you should investigate Bancotel Coupons. Do a google search on Bancotel: I think even the Alfonso XII accepts them at non-peak times of year.

Let us know if you find a "centrally located, charming small hotel with smiling staff and reasonable prices."
That would be a real Jewel!
Old Nov 9th, 2005, 04:51 AM

We stayed at the Amadeus for two and were very pleased with it. The location is perfect (the heart of the old Jewish Quarter), the rooms are small but comfortable, the lobby and hallways are very nicely decorated with lots of tilework and plants, and the price was reasonable. I'm sure others will chime in with the Amadeus, as it's a very desirable small hotel.
Old Nov 9th, 2005, 06:56 AM

I also recommend the Amadeus. Perfect location, helpful staff, clean rooms and a rooftop terrace with a wonderful view. I would stay there again.

Ginny
Old Nov 13th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both for your replies re: Amadeus.... Any rooms in particular that you would recommend in this hotel? Does anyone out there know of Casas de los mercadores or Casa del juderia?
Old Nov 13th, 2005, 08:18 AM

we stayed at teh casa de la juderia and enjoyed it. would stay again if the rate was great.
we paid 50 euros/night with bancotel in february.

however, we had four rooms reserved and two of them were not as nice as the other two.
so, it depends on which one you get.
we were up on top with a sloped ceiling and a view of the lovely nearby rooftops.

they have a great 2x1 happy hour with music that we took advantage of one evening.
Old Nov 14th, 2005, 06:58 PM

I can recommend Las Casas de la Juderia. It is a very nice small hotel about five minutes walk to the Cathedral. Our room was comfortable enough, although it was a real trip to get to (down a hallway, up some stairs, through a courtyard, down some other stairs, through another hallway past a fountain, across another courtyard, up some more steps and another hallway). Getting there was just about like navigating through the streets in the area!
Old Nov 21st, 2005, 05:52 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the info... does anyone know how Casa de los mercaderes compares to Casa de los juderias? I'm hesitating between the 2......
Old Nov 21st, 2005, 06:02 PM

When I was in Seville two weeks ago I met a couple who were staying at the Casa de la Juderias and they really liked it..I dont know anything about the other place.
Angela
Old Nov 27th, 2005, 04:58 PM

Hotel Alminar is great. Small hotel, very reasonable rates, and the staff could not be nicer or more helpful! Great location as well, very close to the cathedral. I look forward to staying with them again in just a few days!!
Old Nov 27th, 2005, 06:22 PM

Hi there,

We stayed at Casas de La Juderia about 2 weeks ago and it was very nice. I don't think our rate was amazing but we also had a junior suite as it was our honeymoon and we splurged a bit. The location and breakfast were great however, as well as the staff. GoAway's account of getting to the room was quite accurate - very interesting access to the various buildings. Enjoy!

Dana