Sevilla - Algeciras - Sevilla?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going on a 2.5 week trip to France, Spain, and Morocco this summer. We start in Paris then plan to take the TGV to Bordeaux. We, then, fly out of Bordeaux into Madrid. After Madrid, we take the Renfe train to Sevilla.

After Sevilla, we would like to hit Tangier by ferry departing Algeciras. Tangier would be the last leg of our trip.

Here's where I'm stuck. I'm having difficulty finding ground transportation from Sevilla to Algeciras. Our intent is to take the Acciona ferry out of Algeciras into Tangier. Ideally, since Tangier is the last leg of our trip, we would fly home to the US out of Tangier. But since I believe Tangier does not have an international airport, we have to return to Spain. So we would have to take the ferry back to Algeciras. And since Algeciras does not have an international airport either, we would have to return to either Sevilla or Madrid. The solution would be a roundtrip ground transportation from Sevilla to Algeciras. However, as I mentioned earlier, this is where I am having difficulty. I have not been able to find anything that goes directly from Sevilla to Algeciras. So far, I've found Avanza Bus, but this does not accommodate this trip. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

An alternative I am looking at is adding Malaga back to my itinerary. Avanza Bus goes directly from Malaga to Algeciras (and back)., However, because the 2.5 week duration cannot be extended, I would like to avoid doing this. So anything anyone can suggest would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 10:56 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
Maybe a one-way car rental from Seville to Gibraltar might work. You could take a cab from La Linea (the Spanish side of the runway - also most of the rental car offices are there) to the Algeciras ferry terminal (probably 7-8 miles) or else look into a ferry from Gibraltar itself (they run, just not as often as out of Algeciras or Tarifa.) Also you might find airfare from Gibraltar (British Airways to London) to be as cheap or cheaper than out of Malaga, and a LOT less driving or busing. We flew in and out of GIB this month and it was very easy.
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 12:18 AM

I do not know the transport particularly well in these parts but -

Seville to Tarifa, Tarifa to Algeciras by TGComes buses -http://www.tgcomes.es/rutas_todas.htm . Or circuitous train journey.
Algeciras to Madrid by train.

Does this clarify?
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 11:13 PM

Amendment, if my near nonsense above still shows.

Seville to Algeciras with - http://www.tgcomes.es/horarios_33.htm

Train Algeciras to Madrid, perhaps.

Does this help?
Old Mar 12th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! We decided to add Malaga back, which I'm very happy about. I really want to see Malaga. We shortened the duration on other parts of the trip to accommodate Malaga. I found a Tangier day trip that departs from certain provinces on the Costa del Sol. Has anyone done this? http://www.viator.com/updateShopping...oductPage=true

Of the departure points, Torremolinos seems to be the closest one to Malaga. The trip includes a short coast along the Costa del Sol then the ferry ride to Tangier. So no need to get to either Algeciras or Gibraltar on our own. Just need to find transportation from hotel to departure point and back. If anybody has done this, suggestions appreciated. Thanks!
Old Mar 12th, 2012, 04:18 PM

I agree with chandrguti. We did the algeciras trip to Tangier, and then you can fly out of Malaga.