Reload this Page >

Seeking Montpellier Information

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 06:41 PM
France 1st Timer

We will be spending 6 days in Montpellier for a meeting...Oct. 21-26.<BR>What should be see, do, visit while we are there...especially art, gardens, good food, anything/everything? <BR>Thank you!

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 10:38 PM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>Use the search facility at http://tlp.netfirms.com<BR><BR>I was in Montpellier yesterday. They escaped the floods, and the River Lez was at its normal level.<BR><BR>Peter<BR>

Old Sep 14th, 2002, 10:38 AM
AR

Went to Montpellier on business in April and will be back again at the end of the month and for a week in November. It is a vibrant and pretty city. University students give it a "young" feel. The place de la Comedie is where it's at, with some great restaurants etc. Visit the old quarter for more places to eat. Also visit the coast. There is, however, not enough to keep you interested for 6 days - although I presume that you will be occupied all day with your meetings. Just soak up the marvelous French atmosphere and eat, drink and be merry!

Old Sep 14th, 2002, 10:44 AM
mimi taylor

eating " jardin de sens" <BR>"guiginette St Louis" was a big disappontment.

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 09:28 PM
jane

Just returned from Montpellier. Stayed at the Soffitel which is very nice. It is a great town, lots of old streets to ramble through and shop, nice old buildings, and good food. I also felt very safe walking at any hour. A few of the people that I was with went to Nimes, which has roman ruins. I took the train to Sete, a small fishing town on the Mediterranean. That was a 30 minute train ride and a very lovely town.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 01:05 AM
spoon

There is plenty to do in Montpelier for six days, just eat some cheese drink some wine and take it easy. Definitely hire a car and drive round the region<BR><BR>Try steack hache (pronounced ashay), the French may think it mundane but it's sincerely the best kind of burger (no bun) in the world.<BR><BR>Make sure you take time to take a trip to Nimes