Scotland Itinerary

Search

Scotland Itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scotland Itinerary

We are visiting Scotland (starting and ending in Glasgow)for 7 days. Please recommend an itinerary.
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 12:44 PM

It sort of doesn't work that way.

Either you do a search and read other people's trip reports and then ask specific questions, or you read a guidebook or two, then ask specific questions.

Entirely apart from our not knowing your interests or budget or how many in your party, asking someone to recommend an itinerary is like asking someone to recommend a spouse.

I love Scottish scenery and the Scottish people. I like Scottish history but don't like driving in Scotland.

If I were making a Glasgow-Glasgow loop in seven days, which I have done, I would take the West Highland Railway to Mallaig, then the Calmac Ferry to Skye, where I would get a but so Portree. Then I would take a bus to Kyle of Lockalsh, where I would get another train to Inverness, then another train down the east coast of Scotland to Edinburgh. Then I would take another train to Stirling, and finally a last train to Glasgow: one night in Glasgow, one night in Mallaig, one night in Portree, one night in Inverness, three nights in Edinburgh. I would take local tours for the day in a couple of these places, notably Skye. If I liked golf -- I don't -- I might route my train journey through St Andrews.

Others may have different ideas. I do too.
Old Feb 6th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Original Poster

Thank you. Your response is very helpful.
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 05:48 AM

Mark, what do you like? Towns? mountains? wildlife? history? beaches?

What sort of places do you like to stay in? And how many of you, and what ages/ mobility?
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 10:27 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
You are playing us - right?

Your Singapore question:
&quot;<i>uthor: MarkAnthony
Date: 02/06/2009, 03:19 pm
Please recommend an itinerary for 4 days in Singapore.</i>&quot;

Your SA question:
&quot;<i>Author: MarkAnthony
Date: 02/06/2009, 03:16 pm
We are visiting Capetown for 6 days. Please recommend an itinerary.</i>

And then there is:
&quot;<i>Author: MarkAnthony
Date: 02/06/2009, 03:13 pm
We are staying 3 nights in Hong Kong, 11 nights in Beijing, 7 nights in Bangkok and 4 nights in Singapore. Please recommend itineraries, including visiting other destinations outside the cities.</i>&quot;

And finally:
&quot;<i> MarkAnthony
Date: 02/06/2009, 03:15 pm
We are visiting Scotland (starting and ending in Glasgow)for 7 days. Please recommend an itinerary.</i>&quot;

You have been asked for more info - and all we get back is &quot;<i>Thank you. Your response is very helpful.</i>&quot;

Maybe you are genuine - maybe not. But it does seem awfully lazy IMO. Sort of like &quot;I'm going to the USA for 6 days. Tell me where to go?&quot;

You need to give is SOMETHING (anything! ) to work w/ - otherwise no one can possibly help you