Search

Scotland in 10 Days #2

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2018, 11:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scotland in 10 Days #2

Hello All,
Still noodling over the middle of our itinerary, but I have a few more pointed questions.
We have 5 days of travel time between Edinburgh and Glasgow. My preference would be to not move every night. Maybe 2/2/1 or something like that.
My thought is to head up to Inverness to see the towns/sights around it (as Gardyloo pointed out-the sights around Inverness are more worthwhile than Inverness itself) and then over to Skye and Mull. We have no interest in the Loch Ness monster.
Questions:
1. Suggestions/duration for the overnight stops? I was thinking Oban and Portree, but I am not sure where (if) to stop between Edinburgh and Inverness.
2. Given our time constraint, it is worthwhile to see both Skye and Mull? I know that Skye can be crowded. We are going in late Sept, so hopefully it will be a bit easier.
Thanks for your time!
Old May 1st, 2018, 11:53 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
This seems to be a duplicate of what you last posted on your other thread . . . I'll post to that one to keep things together . . .