Reload this Page >

Which choice for Venice hotels???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 02:05 AM
Petra Pluttig

I need to book a room in Venice for December.<BR>I have to choose among that hotels: Hotel Accademia, Locanda Art Deco and Ala. Who has informations about it??<BR>Petra <BR>Munchen

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 05:04 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Good choices--I love the Ala location.

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 05:17 AM
maryjane

We've stayed a both the Accademia and the Ala and like both very much. Last time in Venice (fall, 2001) we were unable to get reservations at the Accademia four months in advance so stayed at the Ala on the recommendation of friends. The Ala is clean, pleasant, has some rooms with views of a small canal, has a great breakfast and wonderful service. Its location can't be beat.

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 07:25 AM
oldorch

just booked at accademia for a january stay and will report back then.

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 09:50 AM
Carolyn

Ala. Fantastic location.

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 05:03 PM
Rex

Another vote for Ala. I used to have a chip on my shoulder against Ala because they would not book a "group" for me there in 1998 (my wife and I, our three kids, six other cousins and two boy friends). But then I met a friend there for coffee one morning. Nice looking place, and the staff seemed the exact opposite of the obstinate and surly reservationist.<BR><BR>Hotels have their reasons for "no groups". It's true, it IS a great location - - and if they can do their jobs better with no groups (this is especially true at breakfast time), then more power to them.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 05:09 PM
beth

I'd stayed at the Hotel Accademia and loved it. Great location too. Sounds like there is not bad choice. <BR><BR>Beth

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 09:17 PM
toppers

topping<BR>

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 01:34 PM
ttt

up

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 04:59 PM
Rob

I don't know the hotels mentioned but we stayed at the Splendid suisse....between the Rialto bridge &amp; San Marco...great location &amp; good facilities !!

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 07:15 PM
Laura

I am thinking of visiting Venice and immediately I'd choose Ala out of your three choices.