Search

Scotland Hotels

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2004, 03:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scotland Hotels

Greetings All! I am a South African who will be travelling to Scotland with my teenage brother in July 2004. We have booked ourselves on a Costsaver trip, and I decided to do some research on the hotels we are supposed to be staying in. I got the fright of my life! Please would you be so kind as to give me your thoughts on the Quality Central Hotel in Glasgow, the Highlands Hotel in Fort William and the Point Hotel in Edinburgh?
I'm not expecting the Hilton, but some of the reviews the Quality Central got were frightening. I would be most grateful for any feedback you could provide me in this regard. Thank you in advance.
Old May 17th, 2004, 06:02 AM

I stayed at the Point hotel in Edinburgh with a Trafalgar tour. The room my friend and I shared was comfortable with 2 double beds and a decent size. Bath was fine also. More modern in decor. Full breakfast buffet was provided, service can be slow at times. Within good walking distance to the Royal Mile but uphill, Edinburgh castle is on your right as you walk up the hill, decent location in relation to the mile.
Old May 17th, 2004, 06:30 AM

There's certainly nothing wrong with the Point. It has a particular style, which may not be to everyone's taste, but it's perfectly OK.

I suspect that the Central and the Highland will both be slightly out of date former railway hotels- so in the faded grandeur form. I wouldn't lose sleep over either.
Old May 17th, 2004, 08:33 AM
ron

This answer is not going to give you much comfort. The Quality Central is indeed the hotel attached to the Glasgow Central train station. Terrific location. I seriously considered it when planning my visit this past March, but the combination of unbeatable location and incredibly low price made me pause. If a deal seems too good to be true, ... And then when I read the reviews, I chickened out and booked elsewhere.
Old May 17th, 2004, 11:33 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Equihands, Sheila and Ron for your replies. I am doing the Trafalgar tour, so I should have faith in their choices. I guess thats where adventures are born - the unknown. Thanks again.
T