Scotland B&B availabilty September

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 11:34 AM
Al

Scotland B&B availabilty September

We're planning a trip to Wales and Scotland late August thru mid September 2003. Driving Scotland for approximately 12 days. Would like to be able to spend nights at B&B's but not scheduled stops as we would like to travel on impulse. Will it be difficult to find accomodations without reservations?
We have lots of suggestions for things to do and visit, but would appreciate suggestions for places to stay 1 or 2 nights at a time. We'll be trying to cover the entire country.
I know this is a pretty broad request.
Thanks, Al

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 01:05 PM
Sheila

Partial answer. You won't have a problem getting places. Unless there's somewhere special you want to stay, there should be lots of availability generally.

The tourist offices here run a thing called Book a Bed Ahead. You can go into a tourist office in, say, Oban in the morning and book a room that night in, say, Perth. Cots about £4 a pop, I think. If you have a bit of an idea where you want to go, I could make some suggestions round it if you like.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 02:41 PM
Al

Thanks Sheila,
That sounds like it will work fine. Good to know that rooms should be readily available.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 02:51 PM
janis

the only caveat - You will probably want to pre-book a place in Edinburgh. The festivals and tattoo are all finished before September - but Edinburgh can be pretty booked up any time of the year. But aside from Edinburgh, you can safely travel just about anywhere else in Wales and Scotland.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 03:58 PM
JMM

If you are in Edinburgh around end of August beginning of September - it will be VERY booked up because of the annual Festival - I do not know the exact dates this year.