scenery worth day train? Prague to Krakow. Krakow to Budapest

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16th, 2003, 10:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! i'll be spending ~30 days in central/eastern europe, so time isn't too crunched. However, there are some very convenient night trains from prague to krakow, and then also krakow to budapest. Is the scenery worth taking the day trains, even tho night trains are available? I'm travelling w/my aunt and think it might not be a bad idea to have a slow/quiet day on a train to rest up a bit between 4-5 days in each city. Does anyone have an opinion on the 'scenic value' of day trains between these cities? Thanks!
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 10:23 AM

I took the train between Prague and Krakow in the day time. I enjoyed it, but I like train rides and seeing the scenery. It's pleasant countryside, farmland, etc. Nothing wowee!! but not ugly. I just like getting a feel for a country that way.
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 10:39 AM

We took day trains from Prague to Krakow, and also from Krakow to Budapest. Nothing spectacular about the scenery. I enjoyed the day trains because we spent quite a bit of time chatting with other passengers.
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 10:57 AM

We took the day train from Krakow to Prague. The scenery was not impressive but we enjoyed the ride. The trains (believe there were two changes) were comfortable, clean and on time. It was nice to have a slow day. The idea of a night train is not appealing to me. I don't think I would sleep well on one.