Search

Prague + Budapest, and Krakow too?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2003, 04:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prague + Budapest, and Krakow too?

Hi,
Should we include Krakow in our trip to Prague and Budapest, or will we spend too much time in transit? I am targeting between 7 to 10 touring days for this trip. We would rather not include Vienna b/c we've already been there. If it makes sense, I'd love to hear any tips or suggestions for Krakow.
Thanks,
Kate
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 04:59 PM

I did the four cities two years ago.Great trip! Flew to Budapest via Vienna, to Vienna by train for a few days, Vienna to Prague for a few days by train and bus with a couple days in Cesky Krumlov.

This was all pretty easy, but the train from Prague to Krakow took about 8 hours with a connection. There's a non-stop night train, but I think its still takes as long. It doesn't seem like it's so far, but the train stops a lot and go pretty slow a lot of the time.

Was Krakow worth it? Yes, I liked it a lot, especially the town square. I flew back to the States via Vienna again, so that was easy. I've thought since that until they improve train service between Krakow or I can fly, I probably wouldn't do it again. But, I'm still glad I did it.
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 08:15 PM

With so little time, making 3 cities would be difficult. You can spend easily 4 days in Prague and Budapest. I spent 3 1/2 days in Krakow and didn't get to see everything. The trips to Zakopane, Auschwitz/Birkenau, salt mines, etc., are great and then you have Krakow itself.
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 02:21 AM

We were just recently in Krakow - definately worth the visit. There is a Novotel in the city with a rate of less than 100 Euros a night. It is very new, has Air Conditioning (a must this year in Europe!!) and is right on the tram line to the center of town (1 or 2 stops). We loved this hotel.
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 06:16 AM

We were in Prague, Budapest, and Krakow a few years ago...and Krakow may have been my favorite. (Or, maybe tied with Prague.) With only 7 days, I probably wouldn't do it, but with 10 days I might just try to fit it in.