Scavi Tour Tickets!

Oct 19th, 2006, 05:38 AM
pnk
Original Poster

Scavi Tour Tickets!

Hello!

I was pleasantly suprised to receive an email confirmation yesterday regarding reservations for the Scavi tour; I did not think we were going to get tickets since the request was made less than 1 month ago for next week. I am so excited!

Thank you All for all of your help!

Now, I am hoping that we'll have time between the Papal audience Mass and the tour, which is scheduled for 1:15PM. I think we would have some time to grab a quick bite to eat. What do you think?
Oct 19th, 2006, 05:44 AM

Congratulations! I wasn't so fortunate -- maybe next time.

Enjoy!!
Oct 19th, 2006, 01:37 PM

Congratulations, pnk; enjoy, I'm sure. We also got tickets - for 11/4. We also got tickets for the new excavation site, Via Triumphalis Necropolis, however, tours are only on Sat. also. If you are in Rome for more than 1 Saturday, you may want to try for those.

Celiaanne - You might try another request. I got a response after my 2nd request. Good luck.

Julie

Oct 20th, 2006, 03:38 AM

Congratulations... It's a very interesting tour. Yes, you should have time for lunch after the Papal Audience, you're talking the wednesday one, right?
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:08 AM

Oh, how wonderful - you received tickets for the necropolis tour. I requested tickets, and received an email response several days later - but, it was blank! So, I responsed "please resend, the below email is blank". The next email from the scavi officec was blank too! I asked them to send to an alternate email or fax details to me, and I have receivevd nothing. I am so disappointed by this miscommunication. Any thoughts on what I should do!?
Nov 12th, 2006, 06:54 AM

Forgive my ignorance but is the Scavi Tour offered by Context Rome or is it some other company?
Nov 12th, 2006, 06:58 AM

I just got my confirmed reservation for Nov 24th also.
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:35 AM

We had ours too this week. Only applied the week before and we're going on Jan 3rd. Yay.
Nov 12th, 2006, 10:15 AM

ST - The scavi tour is offered only by the Vatican - not by a tour/guide company. You can request tickets only from the Vatican. The URL that tells you how to do that is:

http://urlsnip.com/722427

BTW - if someone can direct me to a better site for shortening URLs, I'd appreciate it.

KC