Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Renfe tickets printed, have localizador but email did not come?

Mar 28th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Original Poster

I keep these emails for "just in case". and I thought I read somewhere about verifying your ticket on renfe's site but now I can't remember how to do that. Is there a spot on renfe's website where I can key in the localizador and have the email resent? maybe I am dreaming so just curious if anyone here knows this.

thanks much!
Mar 28th, 2010, 11:22 AM

If you've printed your tickets, that's all you need. Just make sure you take the entire printed page with you.

You do not received an email confirmation from Renfe.
Mar 28th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Original Poster

oh but I have gotten email confirmations, two of them, from renfe! and yea, I've got the localizador so that should be all I need. I think you can print your tickets at the station too if you have that number.

thanks Robert.
Mar 28th, 2010, 02:16 PM

if you have printed your tickets, you are done.
If you have not, you can print them at the train station as long as you know the locator .
Mar 28th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Original Poster

yep! got it, thanks again.
Mar 28th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Original Poster

heh, heh. so, I also purchased our Granada to Madrid tickets today and again, no email. This time I made sure my email addy was typed correctly. they even say at the bottom after you're able to print your tickets that they just sent an email to me. bad day for emails I guess. anyway, I found a place to email them and in my not-so-perfect Spanish I asked if they could resend the email. not gonna count on an answer.

I've got that locator number and my printed tickets....but I just had to chime in once more to say I didn't get the email for my second purchase today either. so, I have 2 from previous purchases and none from the 2 I did today. and I have one last train ticket related question but I'm gonna make a different thread for that.....
Mar 29th, 2010, 09:24 AM

We've corresponded with Renfe in the past when we had some questions, but of all of the tickets we're purchased over the years, I have yet to receive a confirmation email.
Mar 29th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Original Poster

it's odd that I got 2 emails for prior purchases and didn't get any emails yesterday. however, I did hear back from Renfe and they told me where to key in the locator number and voila! my trip does appear on their website.

I wasn't terribly worried about it but now at least I know I can access it via the web if I happen to lose my tickets. and I can print them at the station as well. but I doubt I will lose them.

thanks for all the input everyone, appreciate it greatly!
Mar 31st, 2010, 07:01 AM

Anybody traveling in Spain by train at the moment - beware of RENFE strike action - The strike action will continue over the Easter period... Buen Viaje!
Mar 31st, 2010, 12:20 PM
Original Poster

MickeysTravel, you might want to start a new thread about this and a link if possible. for my part, I'm hoping the strike stuff is over in 6 weeks!! I leave for Spain 6 weeks from Friday!!! but our first train travel is nearly 7 weeks away....oy.....but thanks for letting us know!
Mar 31st, 2010, 12:23 PM
Original Poster

ah well, here's a link in case anyone's interested:

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news...le_25614.shtml
Apr 1st, 2010, 03:19 AM

I tried all yesterday to puchase tickets at renfe.es. Each time I got as far as "purchase" and then was told my bank was verify the transaction, then I got an error message. There were actually two or three differet error codes. I tried several credit cards,and one of them called me immediately (automated call) to have me ok the transaction. Another time I called a different cc company before I tried to buy the tickets--same think.
One think....my tickets are for the Sevilla-Madrid AVE on July 10. I saw in the FAQs that you can only buy tickets 62 days out (but that this would change in thefuture). There are only to train departure times shows available for purchsae on July 10, and all goes well till the very end.
Does anyone have any insight, siggestions, or helpful prayers that I can use? I do speak Spanish, so I suppose I can try to call the TENFE phone number....but I hear that doesn't do any good.
Any clue as to what I can do????
Apr 1st, 2010, 03:20 AM

I tried all yesterday to puchase tickets at renfe.es. Each time I got as far as "purchase" and then was told my bank was verify the transaction, then I got an error message. There were actually two or three differet error codes. I tried several credit cards,and one of them called me immediately (automated call) to have me ok the transaction. Another time I called a different cc company before I tried to buy the tickets--same think.
One think....my tickets are for the Sevilla-Madrid AVE on July 10. I saw in the FAQs that you can only buy tickets 62 days out (but that this would change in thefuture). There are only to train departure times shows available for purchsae on July 10, and all goes well till the very end.
Does anyone have any insight, siggestions, or helpful prayers that I can use? I do speak Spanish, so I suppose I can try to call the TENFE phone number....but I hear that doesn't do any good.
Any clue as to what I can do????
Apr 1st, 2010, 04:06 AM
Original Poster

I suspect you're too early to purchase tickets for July 10. more trains will appear as it gets closer travel date. the same exact thing happened to me with that same route.
Apr 1st, 2010, 04:55 AM

wait until 60 days and see what happens. you read right.
Apr 7th, 2010, 08:44 AM

Hi again guys -

I have just found out that there will be renewed strike action on 9th and 10th June (2010) - So if you are traveling to Spain over the coming months, then these are the dates to avoid traveling by Train - Coach travel is an alternative and cheaper too, and Car hire is too not expensive in Spain either - Viva España!

Enjoy your trip and if you want to have a look at my travel blog then head over to -
http://discounttraveltips-micky.com/blog/
Apr 15th, 2010, 06:44 AM

When we arrived at Madrid Atocha station on March 31, there was a lot of milling around because of the strike. Fortunately, our AVE train was not affected. But a lot of folks were scurrying about trying to find alternate travel arrangements.
Dec 11th, 2010, 11:34 AM

I bought tickets for 2 journeys:
1st bought Madrid-Paris 5 Jan, then Algeciras to Madrid, 4 Jan. I received email confirmation for Madrid-Paris, but not for Alg-Madrid. But I've seen both journeys saved in my journeys. But to print them I need a Localizador or locator code (which I have) & a Código de Billete or ticket code (which I don't have). I suppose I can just print them when I get to a station
Dec 11th, 2010, 01:07 PM

But does anyone know if I can print them at Algeciras? It's not on the renfe list at http://www.renfe.com/viajeros/info/m...tocheckin.html

Or is there a booth where I can ask somebody to print them for me?