Scala dei Turchi vandalized

Old Jan 12th, 2022, 03:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scala dei Turchi vandalized

Sounds like one of the perpetrators was known to attack other monuments and attractions yet he was able to do this more than once?

The footage shows two men leaving a Ford truck pulling two large sacks containing red powder.

Investigators recovered traces of red powder and gloves stained with the same substance in a shed near the residence of one of the men.

One of the alleged perpetrators had previously been convicted of vandalising the Milan metro and the Valley of the Temples at Agrigento, as well as the Punta Bianca white cliff near the Scala dei Turchi.

The motive for the vandalism is still unclear, but prosecutors believe that the gesture represents a sort of “challenge of authority”.
Read in The Guardian: https://apple.news/AXeflIEfSQzSdJzg9kimBpQ

Couple of years ago, I planned to stop by after a couple of nights in Agrigento, heading west.

But parking seemed like an uncertain situation and I didn't see any obvious spots so I skipped it and drove on.

Hope they're able to clean it.