Search

saver swiss rail pass

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1st, 2013, 05:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
saver swiss rail pass

hello,

needed an advice on swill rail pass. we (me & my wife) are landing on zurich on 12th july and planning to be travelling across Swizterland till 20th.

i am planning to buy swill rail pass (8 days, 2nd class) after landing at zurich airport. while booking it online it shows there is a Saver option available for 15% discount for 2 people.

if i buy the same pass at Zurich airport / station will i still get the discount or is it better to buy it online.

help will be appreciated.
himanshu
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 08:52 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
>>>>if i buy the same pass at Zurich airport / station will i still get the discount or is it better to buy it online<<<

The saver pass is the Swiss pass discounted 15%. It requires two or more people to purchase together and travel together the entire time. No matter where you buy it, will cost 15% less than a regular Swiss pass.
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 09:40 PM
Original Poster

perfect......thanks a lot kybourbon ! !!
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 10:58 PM

I believe, as a quibble, that one person can travel on a Saver pass **as long as the other person is not using his or her pass on a different itinerary**. So, for instance, if you want to sleep in at the hotel, your wife can use the pass on the local trams. Or vice versa. There are two passes and one "control document", which the person using the pass must carry.
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 03:24 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
The websites ask this before pricing the saver pass.
**Special prices are offered for 2 or more travelers. Is everyone in your party traveling together at all times?**

***Saverpass: Cheaper for groups, a Saverpass is a single ticket printed with all the names of two to five travelers. Members of each pair or group must order the same rail pass together and all must be present to validate the saverpass in Europe. Part of the group can use the saverpass while others stay in town or fly home early, but those sharing a pass cannot split and go different directions by train.***
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:57 PM

We also need rail advice. We are family of 4: Mom, Dad, 15 and 21 year old "kids." Arriving Zurich 7/23 11:30 am, and going straight on train to Wengen; want to take a sightseeing train around the Jungfraunoch maybe 7/25; travel by train from Wengen to Luzern 7/27; travel by train from Luzern to St. Moritz 7/28; after 3 days in Sils Maria, we get a car and drive to Northern Italy. Question is: what is best kind of rail pass to get given the trips anticipated above? Any help would be appreciated -- PalenQ? you seem to be the train-whisperer?