Santorini to Skiathos

Search

Santorini to Skiathos

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Santorini to Skiathos

We are trying to finalize our Itinerary which involves getting to Skiathos from Santorini. We have been told that our only option is to travel back to Athens and then fly or take a bus to Agios Konstantinos or Volos and then ferry to Skiathos. Is there any other way? We have seen books that suggest there are ferries from the Cyclades (Tinos and Syros) but can't seem to find them. Also, if the return to Athens is necessary then would we be better to fly or take the bus. My obvious choice is flying, however if the bus trip is picturesque and worth the time then we would certainly consider it.

Thanks for your help.
Old Aug 12th, 2006, 12:09 PM

There are NO ferries from the Cyclades to Skiathos. Your best choice is to fly, which means flying to Athens first to pick up a connecting flight.

You can also take a bus/ferry combo from Athens to Skiathos. I did the reverse trip a few years ago. I wasn't particularly impressed with the bus trip, that stretch of mainland countryside held no special significance.
Old Aug 12th, 2006, 12:38 PM

I agree with brotherleelove. Anything other than flying would be a marathon journey (you do in fact pass by Marathon on the bus trip from Athens to Volos), but most of the trip is through farmland.

Book connecting flights via Athens, and you can get from Santorini to Skiathos in a matter of hours.