Santorini, Mykonos, Corfu in June

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2004, 08:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 5 days to spend in Greece in June. I'm planning to fly out of Rome to Santorini, spend 2 nights there and then to Mykonos and Athens (I'm returning home from Athens). My husband wanted to go to Corfu but I'm not sure how to incorporate it in our 5 days (with Santorini and Mykonos). Any suggestions??

I was also looking into a 3-day cruise from Athens to Mykonos, Kusadasi, Patmos, Heraklion, Santorini. I like the idea of seeing 5 places but I'm not sure if it will be worth it as we are only going to stay at each place for only 3-4 hours.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 21st, 2004, 09:29 AM

It's not possible. OK, I'll rephrase that- it's possible but wouldn't be enjoyable. I think you're rushing it if you do 2 nights Santorini, 2 nights Mykonos, and 1 night Athens. Corfu is a large island, and even if you were to eliminate another island to get there, 2 nights wouldn't be enough. And you would most certainly have to fly from Athens to Corfu, and then back for your flight out. Corfu and the other Ionian Islands are worth a trip in themselves. Even if you did the cruise to get a glimpse of Mykonos and Santorini, you would only have 1 night Corfu and 1 night Athens? It doesn't make sense to try and do it all in this short trip.
Old Mar 21st, 2004, 09:38 AM

I think you might be spreading yourself too thin. Santorini is beautiful. Mykonos is interesting but if I never went back there again it would not matter to me.

Athens itself can use a day or two with so much to see and do.
Old Mar 21st, 2004, 10:39 AM

Forget the cruise, it's a waste of your time and money. If you're flying directly to Santorini from Rome with only a short stop at the Athens airport for a plane change, then your idea of spending 2 nights on Santorini then on to Mykonos and Athens will work, but I suggest you forget about Mykonos altogether and concentrate on Santorini and Athens. 5 days isn't a lot of time, especially if you have to travel between islands. Spend 3 nights on Santorini (I recommend Oia), then fly back to Athens and enjoy the sights there. Be prepared for some chaos in Athens because of preparations for the Games, but go anyway. There's a lot to see.
Old Mar 21st, 2004, 06:40 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your replies. I think what brotherleelove2004 recommended is the best for me. Thanks again!