Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Suggest for accommodation about Santorini and Athens

Suggest for accommodation about Santorini and Athens

Nov 9th, 2018, 09:45 PM
Original Poster

Suggest for accommodation about Santorini and Athens

All,

I am planning to be in Greece for 1 week.(7 nights)
I know it is probably too less to explore Greece but that's what I have. So, I am planning to stay in Santorini (4 nights) and Athens (3 nights).
I will fly directly from ROme/Venice/Milan to Santorini and then fly to Athens from where I will board my return flight to India.

I will be travelling with my wife and 10 year old daughter in the 2nd week of May 2019.
Please suggest which town and hotel to stay in Santorini and Athens.
We like to stay in places which are not too quiet or not too crowded. Considering May is not the peak season, should I stay in Oia? Or somewhere else?
WE would like some place with some shopping options and some variety of restaurants as we like to try out different types of food.
I would like a hotel with a good caldera view if possible. My budget in $200 per night, not more ($150 would be more ideal)

Request to suggest place to stay and suitable hotels.
Also, any other suggestions on itinerary, what to do etc. in Santorini and Athens within the limited time is welcome.
I am thinking of a boat/cruise trip from Santorini to some nearby islands and a day trip to Delphi from Athens.

Last edited by aadi007; Nov 9th, 2018 at 10:19 PM.
Nov 10th, 2018, 03:47 PM

Santorini is not well situated for day trips to other islands. Yes, stay in Oia. You may have to raise your price point per night for a hotel especially if you want to be on the caldera.
Only three days in Athens and one is a day trip to Delphi? Give Santorini three nights and Athens four if that is true.
Nov 10th, 2018, 08:45 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply.
I am open to adjusting the duration between Athens and Santorini. My idea of spending more time in Santorini is just lazying around, walking through the towns, enjoying the nice views along with good food and drinks.
If you are advising spending more time in Athens, can you please provide some suggestions on itinerary for 4 nights in Athens?

About the hotels in Santorini, please provide some names so that I can check the rates.
I would try to restrict to $200 per night but will need to increase my budget if required. Depends on how much and is it worth the money

Search this Thread