Santorini Lodging: Delfini vs. Strogili Traditional Houses

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With so many options, I'm having a difficult time selecting lodging. I've decided on finding a place in Oia with a pool & Caldera view.

Does anyone have any input on either Delfini and/or Strogili Traditional Houses? They both have 4.5 stars on TripAdvisor.com and priced similarly. Would love more comparative information on location, view, service, accommodations, proximity to town, etc.

Or is there another hotel that is in the same price range that are better?
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 02:54 PM

Both are easily comparable when it comes to view, service and amenities. Strogili's pool is larger and is shared with Rimida Villas. Delfini is closer to the center of Oia, located on the pedestrian walkway so there's no auto traffic. Strogili is about 10 minutes' further out from the center and the entrance to the property is right on the road. As long as your room is below the street level you won't be bothered by traffic noise.

Lauda Hotel is a bit less expensive, closer to the village center, has a nice pool and an excellent view. You have to call for reservations.
Old Jul 4th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the helpful breakdown. I like that with Delfini, auto traffic and noise won't be an issue. And for the dates I need, they have better availability and rates (from what I can tell on their web site).

Now I just have to decide between their junior suite and apartment. Has anyone stayed in or is familiar with either to help me decide?
Old Jul 4th, 2011, 03:40 PM

I stayed at Strogoli and never had ANY problem with noise as the rooms are all down the stairs on the cliff. We were very pleased, but I agree that the two you mentioned are very similar in what they offer. I do remember seeing the Delfini too, and had considered it as well, and I thought that either would have been great. We didn't think the walk to town was long at all, and it was such a nice walk too, with amazing views of the ocean all along the way. What we liked about Strogoli is that there was a little market right at the top of the stairs which came in real handy for us as we had a little kitchenette, which we used a bit. I just really enjoyed their verandas, nice and spacious, and where we ate many of our meals. They serve a nice breakfast on your veranda as well. We also spent one day at their pool, and it was nice enough, although we enjoyed our view from our veranda just the same so we found ourselves there more since it was more private.
Old Jul 5th, 2011, 08:56 AM

I was also trying to decide between Delfini and Strogili -- they do seem very similar.

We chose Strogili houses because having a pool was important to my travel partner. We stayed in a 1-bd cave house that was on the lowest level, and it was fantastic. It was very roomy (sleeps 5 but we were only 2), with a large terrace and the view was everything we wanted and more. I liked the location somewhat removed from the activity but with the market right there, and noise was no problem at all. I think that would only be an issue for the garden rooms at the top.

The pool was bigger than expected, with a killer view, and when we were there (late May) we had it all to ourselves. Even though it's shared with another property, both are very small so there aren't a lot of people sharing it.