Esperas in Santorini

Old Feb 12th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Esperas in Santorini

Has anyone stayed in the studio units in the Esperas? If so, what was your impression of the view in those units.
We are considering staying there in April but want to make sure we have a great view and enough space for a couple for 3 days. Thanks for the help.
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 07:42 AM

Esperas has one of the best locations in Oia since it's the only hotel positioned to enjoy an unobstructed view of the sunset AND a partial view of the caldera. Personally I prefer a full caldera view since it lasts all day and all night, the lights of all the cliffside villages are visible at night, and from a hotel with a full caldera view I can watch all the ships come and go as well as the colors on the buildings change with the sunset.
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 07:46 AM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
We stayed in a studio at Esperas--its one of the studios that is shown on the website--studio #19. We had spectacular views. The room was fine, not huge, but certainly okay. Nice bathroom. My only issue with our room was the tiny outside space outside our room. We were down low (I think only 1 level below us) so it was private, but we could barely fit sitting out there. All in all it wasnt a big deal, but if your plan is to lie on your balcony, avoid the room we had. If you want privacy I would avoid room #10 -- it was on the walk to about 2/3s of the rooms and right outside the restrooms to the pool area.
Enjoy Oia!
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all of your replies. Brotherleelove, which hotel would you suggest for the full caldera view?
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 08:38 AM

Since the pools aren't heated and April is too cold for swimming, I definitely recommend the Endless Blue Suite at Aspaki. The view is amazing, the private terrace is huge and there's a large jacuzzi you can fire up to a nice warm temperature. All of the suites at Aspaki are wonderful.

Also check out Chelidonia Villas, Caldera Villas, Nostos Apartments, Strogili Houses, Aspa Villas, Kima Villas, La Perla Suites, Old Oia Houses, Aris Caves, Zoe-Aegeas Houses, Lena's House and Casa Sofia.
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 08:50 AM

I'll second Aspaki..we stayed in the Romeo and Juliet Suite and LOVED it. Fantastic views, balconey, and location relative to restaurants etc. tough to beat!!!