santorini - hotel loucas or kavalari

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm planning a trip back to santorini august this year, stayed in Santorini Palace last time but thought it was a bit far from town. Heard good reviews about Loucas and Kavalari. Would appreciate some comments from those whove stayed in these hotels before. The most important thing is the hygienic level. Many thanks!! = )
Also anyone got contacts of travel planners for Greek islands? Wanting to island hop to 3 islands but have no plans as yet so might need service of a travel planner. Thanks again!
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 07:14 PM

I loved the Loucas. It was spotlessly clean. Although all tile, they mopped it twice a day while we were there (maybe because at that time they were building the pool and there was some dirt being tracked up the stairs). The decor and furniture were very basic and not new. But that's also been four years now, so I'm not sure what's happened. Also we had our best meal in Santorini there, despite the two other places being very highly recommended.
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 11:34 AM

Hi there -

Unfortunately, I can't comment on either hotel that you've asked about, but I am curious to know what you thought about the Santorini Palace. I'm planning a wedding in Santorini and want to be able to offer guests several hotel options. The website for the Palace looks beautiful, but I haven't been able to find many online reviews. I'd really appreciate it if you could share your thoughts! And I'll keep checking the post to see what other say about Loucas and Kavalari.

Thanks -
Old Jan 9th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Original Poster

AGF324- I stayed at the Santorini Palace during my last trip there August 03. It is located in Firastefani (sorry if i've spelt it wrong) and is around 5-10 minutes walk from Fira town. The place was ok but definitely not as nice as it looks in pictures. Major drawback being its location and lack of views. The place was clean and has everything essential but from what i remember the furnishing was a bit old. However they have very friendly and helpful staff who actually helped my friend to plan a birthday surprise for me! Hope this helps and all the best for your wedding!! = )
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 03:28 AM

We found the Loucas to be very comfortable and its position was excellent. The view from the deck outside the restaurant as the sunset was tremendous. The rooms were neat and clean. The bathrooms were clean although the showers were VERY small ! It was an easy walk to everywhere in Fira.
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 09:01 AM

Chelsea1980: Thanks for much for the information on Santorini Palace! Very much appreciated.

I've been working with a wonderful coordinator for the wedding - Lila Konstantinidis. She's gotten rave reviews on this site and so far I think that she's been fantastic. She works with the Heliotopos Group on Santorini - they run the Heliotopos hotel and have a separate travel agency called Magma (http://e-magma.santorini.net/). Though I haven't spoken with them yet, I intend to use them to help book reservations for our families and guests, and to recommend them to others for island hopping transport.

Hope that helps! Keep us updated on your plans!