Santorini hotel advice

Search

Santorini hotel advice

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2003, 11:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Santorini hotel advice

Hi. I am a 29 year old woman and will be travelling solo to Santorini off season in April. Looking for inexpensive, moderate hotel suggestions in Oia, Imerviglio. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.<BR>
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 12:09 AM

In Oia check out Aethrio Hotel. We stayed at Golden Sunset but did not think a hell of alot of it for value. Aethrio had better rooms and nice pool and nothing like cost of Katikies, Perivolas etc. Easy access to everything as well - in centre. Imerovigli had some really nice accommodation but very little in way of dining choices or town atmosphere, so as solo stick to Oia or busier Fira.
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 01:01 AM

I gather that Esperas in Oia is a good mid-price option, but it is not exactly cheap either.<BR>
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 03:27 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. As a solo traveller, I am looking for a quiet, relaxing place so I still might opt for Oia. Esperas is not at all inexpensive. For me, a grad student, it''s completely out of my budget. Thanks anyway.
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 06:46 AM

With that limited budget, you could always wait till you get there. You will likely find someone at the harbour offering room accommodation much cheaper than any hotel. My wife stayed for a month in Oia in rented accommodation - dirt poor at the time. Perhaps have first night booked in a hotel just in case.
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 04:26 AM
brotherleelove2003

Try the Lauda Apartments to the left of the main square as you face the sea about 100 meters. Nikos' rooms have a wonderful view of the Caldera. You really don't have to worry about advance reservations in April, it will definitely not be crowded.

Old Mar 20th, 2003, 04:27 AM
brotherleelove2003

Sorry, that's the Lauda Apartments in Oia. ;-)

Old Mar 20th, 2003, 05:26 AM

I spent some time looking into inexpensive lodging on Santorini for a lg family trip (that never took place!), and Villa Mathios looked like great value for the $$. Check it out on google. It's not in Oia but near Akrotiri.
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 05:34 AM

website is www.hotelmathios.com<BR><BR>Looks and sounds so good I might try to get the family going in that direction again!