Santa Margarita hotels

Search

Santa Margarita hotels

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 04:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Santa Margarita hotels

I'm trying to make my mind up where to stay. I think it's between Metropole, Continental, Laurin, or Jolanda this May. They all seem to have available similarly priced rooms.
Top considerations:
-Location/view
-grounds/pool
-balconies/terrace
-cleanliness/decorations/nice baths.I typically like coastside, but is it the way to go in SML?

What do you suggest
Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 04:20 PM

You have a wide range of prices and locations here---the Jolanda is 2 blocks from the water and is much less $$. For pure location, I prefer the Laurin.
Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 04:22 PM

SFtravlr,

We stayed at the Laurin in a room facing the marina with a large private terrace. Loved it! Large room and bath too. The hotel is right on the main street that runs along the ocean, no beach. You have views of the boats in the marina. Road was not noisy and I am a very light sleeper.

Breakfast was quite typical, nothing special. It was the largest and most "generic" hotel I've stayed in on 3 trips to Italy, but really fine and we liked the location. SML is a lovely town!
Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 04:28 PM

Of the hotels you've listed, I've only stayed at the Jolanda many times.The rooms are very nice as are the bathrooms. Delicious breakfast that you can take in the garden if the weather is good. The staff are all helpful. Pretty lobby. Computer access but there is a charge.
Old Jun 13th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Original Poster

We ended up staying at the Metropole in Santa Margherita.
We were very happy with it because the gardens were gorgeous, the views of the sea were very nice, the pool area was terrific, the beach club was great and the location and ease to get to town center and the train station were easily walkable.
Rooms were OK. They need a good interior decorater.
Old Jun 13th, 2008, 07:33 PM

SFtravlr:

We just returned from Italy and stayed at the Hotel Continental.
The location is a nice 5 minute walk to town, the grounds are beautiful, but there is no pool.
However, the area by the water is very nice and our balcony gave us a great view of the harbor. Our room and bathroom were spacious and the staff at the hotel could not have been more accommodating. We would return to this hotel for future visits.
P.S. Be sure to visit the Cathedral in SML, it is like a storybook, and there is great shopping and many restaurants to choose from.

AKNIC
Old Jun 13th, 2008, 08:54 PM

I happen to prefer the Miramare over any of the other seafront hotels in SML (has all the things you mention in your post and more, including great service). Laurin would probably be #2. If you can live without the view, Hotel Joland is a wonderful and reasonably priced choice in a not so reasonably priced place...
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 05:59 AM

We did not stay in SM, but if you are walkers I highly reccommend doing the beautiful seaside walk from SM to Portofino. At about 2/3 of the way it goes across the street and up to a walkway that takes you down into enchanting Portofino. You can then take a bus back to SM if you like. We did this in the late afternoon and Portofino was virtually empty. Enjoy.