Samantha Durrell's Venice Walk

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 12:09 PM
Betsy Thompson

Samantha Durrell's Venice Walk

Has anyone here taken this walk? It costs $250 and I wonder if it's worth the price.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 01:38 PM
Julie

I took this amazing walk with a friend last November(it was a birthday present). I don't know what you are looking for in a walking/tour, just bear in mind that it's not really intended for a first timer's visit to Venice. Explanation: she doesn't take you around to the main tourist sites. Instead she introduces you to Venice so that you understand the Venetians and what it's like to live there. Her passion for Venice and all things Venetian is very apparent within the first few minutes and she shares a wealth of information on this extraordinary city at a very comfortable pace (we started at 9:30 am and ended around 2:00). The friend I treated this walk to comes to Venice several times a year and found this to be incredibly unique and novel. If you're looking for something special - I know the price is steep (but cheaper if split among more people - say 4 persons) but worth every penny.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 09:56 PM
Mary

Could you post a contact for this walk please. I can't seem to find it on the internet. Thanks.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 09:10 AM
Julie

You won't find this on the internet, you will have to contact her directly. I did it through a phone # in NYC but I'll also give you Samantha's contact information in Venice:

Samantha Durell
212-873-1964 New York
011-39041-5232379 phone/fax Venice

You'll probably speak w/Marvin at the NYC phone # who will be able to answer any/all of your questions. Hope this helps.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 11:44 AM
Mary

Thanks Julie. I'll contact the Venice no. I'm from Australia - so there's not much point ringing NY! - it's best to deal direct!

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 04:47 AM
Betsy

We took Samantha's culture walk last week. It was fascinating -- worth every penny! E-mail me with questions, if need more info.