Sainte Chapelle Question

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 09:53 AM
fran

Sainte Chapelle Question

Is there a website where I can find out about concerts at Sainte Chapelle and get tickets in advance?

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 10:40 AM
Christina

There is a web site run by one musical group who does a lot of concerts there (AMP) at www.ampconcerts.com. It has their schedule (at Sainte-Chapelle and other churches) and perhaps you can order tickets on it, I don't know.

Other groups do perform there, also, though, and I think the best overall web site to find concerts there and other churches is the Paris Tourist Office (under events) www.paris-touristoffice.com Sometimes that site has info on links and tickets to venues. I don't think you really have to worry about getting tickets in advance too much to those by AMP at Sainte Chapelle as I think it's pretty easy to get them in Paris. You may want to if you are sure you want to go a certain night, but if you can't get them in advance for some reason, all is not lost.

(it's nice to see someone spell Sainte-Chapelle correctly)

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 11:08 AM
StCirq

You can get that information at www.pariscope.com, and while you're there find out everything else that's going on in Paris. I don't know about getting tickets in advance.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 12:49 PM
Gretchen

You can make reservations at the Amp site and you pick up your tickets prior to the concert. Must pay cash. You can also get tickets at the Tourist Office on the Champs Elysee near the Etoile. It is a wonderful experience. There are also concerts at other venues such as Madeleine, St. Sulpice, St. Eustache.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 02:45 PM
Bob C

There is a desk just before you enter the church. We just went over looked at the posters which show upcoming concerts and got our tickets for the night we wanted.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 04:10 PM
jane

Would love to hear an organ recital at St. Sulpice. Do they have them any other time but Sunday Services? We will be there Tues-Thurs. Couldn't find anything on amp web. Not in English, even tho' I clicked on "enter"

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 06:46 PM
kmarie

jane,
If you are planning to be there on Thursday, August 15, the holy day Mass will include organ music. You'll find a listing at this site, mostly in French but the dates are also in English. A few concerts are listed, as well, but most have already taken place. I think I'd check the site from time to time to see if there are up-dates to it.

http://www.stsulpice.com/Docs/concerts.html

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 07:11 PM
jane

kmarie- thank you. going next June, but there is hope!

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 06:24 PM
Sue

In May we walked into a FNAC(chain bookstore) in Paris and went to ticket counter and bought tix for 2 days in advance.