Saint Germain restaurants

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been reading recommendations of Le Comptoir which I would like to try.

In Google, there are 2 listed.
One at 37 Rue Berger and one at 9 Carrefour de l'odeon in the Relais Christine Hotel.
Which Le Comptoir is everyone talking about?

Thank you,
molly
Old Apr 13th, 2010, 07:39 AM

I love the Dover Sole along with a bottle of Sancerre Rose at the Brasserie Lipp: www.brasserie-lipp.fr

I've also enjoyed meals at La Mediterranee, in particular the bouillabaisse: www.la-mediterranee.com
Old Apr 13th, 2010, 07:41 AM

I have been looking for a restaurant that served Bouillabaisse every time I go to Paris - many thanks.
Old Apr 13th, 2010, 07:51 AM

Le Comptoir is at the Relais Sainte Germaine. Tables are reserved for the hotel's guests, so it's difficult to get a reservation if you are not a guest at the hotel. However, showing up at the restaurant in the late afternoon/early evening may get you a table from what's left after hotel guests have had their pick. It's not a big restaurant, but it's not a big hotel either. This summer Le Comptoir will only operate as a brasserie, eliminating the gastronomic (fixed price) menu that's available the rest of the year, although I gather that the brasserie will feature some of the gastronomic items on the daily menus.
Old Apr 13th, 2010, 09:01 AM

It's in St Germain. Rue Berger is not in St Germain, it's near Les Halles shopping center on the Right Bank.

I've been there and got a table without reservations, just showed up. It wasn't full, but that was lunch. I think it was just late morning.
Old Apr 13th, 2010, 09:28 AM

As Midnightsun mentioned it is at the Relais St Germain hotel. In the evenings there is a five course pre fixe menu which for first and second courses sometimes draws off the brasserie menu. The brasserie menu is available for lunch weekdays and all day on the weekends year round. There are no reservations taken when the brasserie menu is served. I have heard either to go right when service starts or later in the afternoon. We have enjoyed several meals in both formats.