Safe Reservation method for Hotel Florence in Bellagio

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 09:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hell everyone! I am wondering how others have booked the Hotel Florence in Bellagio. It appears that correspondence is done by email and that a credit card # is necessary to hold the room. So have people just sent their CC# over email? I'm a bit apprehensive about doing that. Is there an alternate method to send them a CC#?
Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 09:37 AM
ira

Hi ace,

Send one part of the number in one eml and the other part in a second eml.

Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 09:40 AM
Cassandra

DS just spells out the number -- "four-one-zero-one" -- not all Italian hotels "get" this, but some did.

Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 09:47 AM

Or do like I've done about a thousand times -- just email them the number. On the odd chance (maybe one in a million) that somehow someone will intercept the numbers, you'll have to call your credit card company to straighten it out which would probably take 5 minutes.

The one time I broke the number in half as suggested in Wales, I didn't hear back from them. When I contacted them again, they said they never got the second one. I suspect they didn't notice there were two different emails.
Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 10:35 AM

I've sent the entire number in e-mails to many, many hotels in Europe and have never had any sort of problem.

You could divide it into two mails and simply tell them that you are doing so.

You may have unnecessary apprehension but I can only speak from my own personal experience.
Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 10:38 AM

You can call them.

The other thing you can do is to fax them. When I do this, I print out the relevant e-mail and write in the white space that I'm confirming the reservation with my CC number. When I do this, I always mention that they should e-mail me when they get the fax. If they don't, I call them to make sure they are able to confirm my reservation.
Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 06:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I've made several reservations at the Hotel Florence secured with a credit card. Although I've always FAXed, I wouldn't hesitate to use email. The Florence is family-owned and -managed, not a chain hotel, so I assume their booking system involves a very small number of people who are likely within the family.

As long as you're communicating with the hotel, have them make a reservation for you one night at Bilacus. Very good value and food.
Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 08:48 PM

Whereas e-mail is not secure, fax is. To secure our reservation at the Hotel Florence, I sent our cc information by fax, requesting an e-mail to confirm the reservation, which they did promptly. We loved the hotel, especially our corner room, where, on a clear day, we could wake up to a view of the Alps out one window, a view of the lake out the other.
Old Jan 9th, 2005, 03:46 AM

i have emailed my credit card to many hotels in europe. have never had a problem