Search

Problem Securing Reservation

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2007, 07:36 AM
2d
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem Securing Reservation

Should I be worried? In early November, I made a reservation (I hope!) for a one-week stay at the Hotel de Londres in San Sebastian in May via email. I provided my credit card info in response to a quote of 156 E's for a double room w/sea view. I asked that the reservation be confirmed by return email. In mid-December, having not received the email confirmation, I again sent an email to confirm. I have not heard back so attempted to call the hotel at the phone number listed on their website; the call did not go through. I've not had this problem in the past so I'm not sure how to proceed: Should I make a reservation at another lodging and email a cancellation to the de Londres or ????
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 09:48 AM

I have had problems receiving emails from European hotels - they get put into my SPAM folder - have you checked there? And calling overseas sometimes takes me several attempts gettig the 0's and 1's correct. Have you looked on Tripadvisor to see if there are other recent stays? Hope you get it figured out!
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 10:08 AM

Try sending a fax; people pay more attention to those.
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 11:32 AM
2d
Original Poster

Thank you for your responses. I'll try the FAX number if I continue to have problems reaching the hotel.
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 11:43 AM

Why don't you tell us the phone number since you say the call didn't go through.

Are you certain you dialed correctly?
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 12:53 PM
2d
Original Poster

Underhill, I followed your advise and sent a FAX to the hotel. All is now well and my reservation is secured. As it turns out, the reservation desk had not received my emails though I used the same address in subsequent emails that I used in my original that they received. For the future, I will use email to start with but will use FAX if I have not received a return response within three days.

Another question along this line: Since I made my lodging reservations in November for our stay in May, should I check with hotels a week or so before our departure to "reconfirm" our reservation?
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 01:06 PM

2d, I would reconfirm my reservations made in November for a stay in May. I generally reconfirm all reservations.