safe hotel location in prague?

Old Oct 5th, 2005, 05:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
safe hotel location in prague?

hi-
my sister and i are in our 20's and planning a vacation for the week between christmas and new years. we were looking at the packages offered through eurorail. they give us options for the hotels and we were hoping you all might be able to help us. We would like a nice hotel, but it doesnt have to be super fancy. our main concern is that it is in a safe location. Can you please help us to decide between the following hotels? Thanks so much.
1. Hotel Praga 1 Residence ( this comes standard)
Upgrade your Prague hotel:
Hotel Ariston - Standard Room
St. George Hotel - Standard Room
Hotel Tyl - Standard Room
Hotel Elysee - Standard Room
K+K Hotel Fenix - Standard Room
Hotel Casa Marcello - Standard Room
Golden Star (Zlata Hvezda) - Standard Room
Hotel Palace - Standard Room

Old Oct 5th, 2005, 06:27 AM

Have you checked go-today.com? I just booked my Prague package thru them (my 2nd time booking with them). the cheapest hotel Kavalir has a good review.
you might get info. on hotels in www. tripadvisor.com
good luck.
Old Oct 5th, 2005, 07:38 AM

As long as your hotel is in the Mala Strana (Lesser Town), the Stare Mesto (Old Town) or the Nove Mesto (New Town) neighborhoods, I don't think you will have to worry about safety. In my opinion, I always feel safer in European cities than in American ones (and I live in one).

I unfortunately do not have information on any of the hotels listed.
Old Oct 5th, 2005, 01:47 PM

Those hotels aren't all the same price for an upgrade, are they? They just don't like like it, to me.

I've stayed right next to Casa Marcello and that's a great location.

I wouldn't book the K&K Fenix. I'm sure it's a decent hotel, but the area and surroundings aren't great (I think there are sleazy businesses, as well as maybe hookers), and I don't think you'd like it around there that much, anyway (just a bit south of Wenceslas Sq). The St George is an okay area but I wouldn't recommend it to a first-time tourist as it's not quite as central to things as most would want. It's near Pavlova metro stop.
Old Oct 5th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Original Poster

I think we have decided that staying in old town would be better for us. casa marcello is on the list now. as well as iron gate, paris, mercure center and dorint novotel don giovanni. thanks for everyones help so far. does anyone have any comments about these new hotels? we are going a different way and talking to a travel agent about the trip now.