Search

Safe Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 07:55 AM
Sharon

Safe Hotel

Is Hotel California in Barcelona in a safe area for a single woman? I will be there 21 May for two nights. Thanks for your response. Sharon

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 06:08 PM
Rex

You can check out time you want, but you can never leave.<BR><BR>Sorry - - couldn't resist.<BR><BR>I would think that any hotel in Barcelona (almost any majot city on Europe) is plenty safe. but I don't know the location - - and not every street (in any city) is as safe as some - - nor as dangerous as others - - epsecially the later at night it gets.<BR><BR>Hopefully someone else will give you a meaningless answer - - if nothing else, this brings your question back up to the top.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 06:40 PM
duh

What are you saying, Rex? I don't get the joke, if there is one.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 06:57 PM
Rex

Welcome to the Hotel California.<BR><BR>Mirrors on the ceiling.<BR>Pink champagne on ice.<BR><BR>We are all just prisoners here,<BR>of our own device.<BR><BR>from the Eagles - - about 25 years ago.<BR>and back on tour again, this summer.<BR>

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 06:58 PM
Rex

Oh - - just realize - - I left out the word "any"<BR><BR>You can check out any time you want, but you can never leave.<BR>

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 07:09 PM
duh

And that explains what you're talking about Rex? I still don't get it.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 07:16 PM
chris

duh-The reference is to the Eagles song "Hotel California". You must be young with no contact with babyboomers. My 15 year old son even knows that song-its one of his favorites. Rex, I got a chuckle from it.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 09:13 PM

top 40, for a long time<BR>

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 06:32 AM
Weknow

I don't think duh was confused about the Eagles part of Rex's post. We all know Hotel California when we hear it. It was the rest of Rex's post that was typically vague and, as often is the case, didn't answer Sharon's question but did get Rex another notch on his quest to top the number of hamburgers sold by McDonalds with the number of times his name appears on this board.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 08:45 AM
Rex

Thanks for the kind words of endearment, "weknow"<BR><BR>And I just now FINALLY saw what was so confusing! I said meaningless, when I meant meaningFUL!<BR><BR>I am so sorry. There was no intent to connect my commments about safety with the excerpted lyrics from "HC".<BR><BR>My comment remains the same - - and indeed, Sharon hit the nail on the head with her question (although her header does not - - and I was responding more to the header than to the actual question).<BR><BR>The issue is not "safe hotel" - - it's safe area. And my answer was intended to convey that (like with so many questions) - - "it depends". Safety walking on any city streets can boil down to a fairly RELATIVE definition of what you mean by safe - - and at what hour of the day or night.<BR><BR>As for whether I am too prolific here or not - - I guess that I never post more than the number of questions asked here - - that is, I rarely start any new threads myself by posting questions of my own. I do point out items of intrest on www.nytimes.com - - typically one or two a month. I think it's pretty easy to avoid those if you wish; I put very explicit descriptions in the header regarding what you can expect to hear about there.<BR>

Old May 1st, 2002, 10:30 AM
Sharon

Well, I got really excited when I saw there were 8 replies to my question of "safe hotel" when I should have asked "safe area" and the responses were taking on Rex. What a waste!

Old May 1st, 2002, 12:25 PM
anon

so, repost with a better header.<BR><BR>"Is Hotel California in Barcelona in a safe area for a single woman?" would work well.<BR>

Old May 1st, 2002, 06:02 PM

topping<BR>