Reload this Page >

Rye , England hotel or B&B suggestion

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 11:40 AM
Bob

We will be in Rye in November and are looking for some personal favorite recommendations of a hotel or B&B ....central location, easy parking , good breakfast and between $75 and $150, (not pounds). Thanks

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 02:32 PM
Ann

Jeakes House, Jeakes House, Jeakes House.

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 02:50 PM
Lynn

I second Jeakes house!

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 12:48 PM
Jane

How about the Little Orchard House? I've heard it is wonderful and in a good location.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 07:23 AM
jules

I third it with: Jeakes' house.

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 09:21 AM
anissa

I stayed at Jeakes House last November and it is one of the highlights of the trip. WONDERFUL PLACE!! The rooms are romantic, spacious, and comfortable, the staff is helpful and friendly, the honor bar downstairs is well stocked, the location is convienant and can't be beat, do I need to go on?

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 07:05 PM
Lynn Naylor

The ONLY PLACE TO STAY in RYE is the MERMAID INN. It was the highlight of our trip in May of 2001. Very old tudor building on a narrow winding street with slanted floors and beams exposed, but a first class hotel. We decided to have dinner there as we arrived late in the afternoon. Lucky we did. Beautiful/quaint dining room with fabulous food and service. The room is small and in walks Paul McCartny, Heather, Stella et. all. We were sitting so close I could overhear their entire conversation. Of course they had a special vegeterian menu. It was certainly an experiance and speaks to the quality of the restaurant and hotel. It is a bit pricey but if you are going to splurge, I highly recommend this hotel. Even if we hadn't practically had dinner with Paul, it was still the most quaint old well maintained hotel we stayed at. Tea and coffee with newspaper delivered to your room in the AM. The Queen Mother has visited there for dinner and it has quite a past from the pirate/smuggling days. Not much to do in Rye but a cute small village. Only reason to go is the Mermaid Inn.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 02:20 AM
pat

The Little Orchard House is ideal. Tel # (01797) 223831.