Search

RYANAIR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RYANAIR

I will be flying RyanAir from Rome to Valencia and then taking a train to Barcelona. I have 2 questions; first is Ryanair a dependable ontime airline and 2nd Arriving in Valencia airport would 2 hours be enouogh time between airport arrival and departure on the Train from Valencia North station? Thanks
Old Sep 4th, 2005, 11:06 AM

If its an early flight, Ryanair are dependable. Later in day you may get a knock on effect if flights are delayed elsewhere.
Old Sep 4th, 2005, 11:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The question of Ryanair punctuality is a difficult one. I have flown with them several times, and the flights have always departed within 30 minutes of Schedule, but I have been lucky.

Ryanair is a budget, no frills operation. They generally allow somewwhere between 20-30 minutes time from landing to take off. Because of this, the later the flight, the greater the chance of "accumulated delays" and a long wait. If you have anything other than a morning flight, I thinkl I would allow more than 2 hours.
Old Sep 4th, 2005, 12:08 PM

Ryan Air advertizes that they are the most ontime airline in Europe. Be that as it may, there are two important things to know about the airline. One is that there is a strict 15 kg/passenger limit to luggage. Second is that you MUST check in at least 40 minutes prior to flight time. If you are not there and checked in by then you don't go.

Period!

Other than that, I have used them and they always got me there.

Old Sep 4th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, my flight is an early one so I should be OK. Now I need to find out about the time needed between airport in Valencia and train station. I'll try possting under Spain.
Old Sep 4th, 2005, 12:23 PM

Ryanair are fine and if they are very late they incur a penality so even if they take off late they usually arrive within 1 hour of their scheduled time.

As there is no specific 'Spain Board' just continue to post on the Europe board.

Your post will be answered - if possible!!

Have a good trip
Old Sep 4th, 2005, 12:36 PM
rex

It's a semantic argument as to whether there is a "Spain board" - - I maintain that there is, in a "virtual sense", and this is it:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgTopic...mp;keyword=153

and nanam did NOT post "on it" (by picking Spain on the initial post).

Perhaps equally important is that anyone who has experience flying Ryanair to/from Spain may not think to look at this post.

A more successful message header would be "Anyone with experience flying to Valencia, Spain on Ryanair (from Rome)? Specifically curious about likelihood of ontime performance, on this route, or other Ryanair flights originating in Rome."

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Sep 4th, 2005, 01:26 PM

If your flight is on time 2 hours should be plenty of time. The journey time from airport to the train station in a taxi should be around 20 minutes. Valencia airport is quite small and baggage comes through fairly quickly.