Route planner

Apr 10th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Original Poster

Route planner

I want to drive though Ireland tis summer, fly to Spain and drive there. Anyone know of a good route planner? I've tried ViaMichelin and AAroadwatch, but they both fail to get me the routes I need for my trip.
Thanks
Paul
Apr 10th, 2007, 06:44 AM
ira

Hi P,

Where are you going that it's not on the www.viamichelin.com map?

Also try www.mappy.com

Apr 10th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Original Poster

In Spain, trying to find some streets in Seville for hotels I'm looking at. In Ireland, I'm trying to find routes to Dublin Airport, but keep getting re-directed to Dublin Centre. I'll try the mappy address.
Thanks
Paul
Apr 10th, 2007, 08:13 AM

I've never been able to find a very good route planner for Dublin city - viamichelin and the AA sites only seem to be good for getting from one town or city to another.

However, I have found this site which I use frequently - http://www.dto.ie/web2006/jp.htm

There is a walking/cycling route planner. If you put in your addresses and choose the cycling route it will give you the directions you need. It is, however, only useful if you're departing from another address within the city.

Where are you departing from to get to the airport? It's very easy to get to so I can help direct you if you're stuck.
Apr 10th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Original Poster

Probably from Beech Grove in Lucan, County Dublin. Also, are the rental car return areas clearly marked? Always worry about that.
Thanks for your reply
Paul H
Apr 11th, 2007, 01:00 AM

It will be very easy to get to the airport from Lucan. I'm not familiar with Beech Grove itself, but if you get on to the N4 towards the city, and then change on to the M50 northbound, the airport is really clearly signposted. Honestly - you cannot miss it. The car rental return is very clearly marked too and is very close to the terminal.
Apr 11th, 2007, 01:23 AM

In Spain you can use www.guiacampsa.com You can opt for shortest or fastest, or include destinations mid-journey.
Apr 11th, 2007, 08:43 AM

Hi, you could try going to a site www.bluecarhire.com. They have a map link in the top right hand menu which you can view routes with.
Apr 11th, 2007, 03:19 PM

Use www.theaa.com. You can plan routes in Ireland and Europe. I have used it and it is very helpful.
Apr 12th, 2007, 09:01 AM

We have found that the AA do not often update their routes, or even drive them. From Glencolumcille, for example, to Letterkenny, they direct over Glengesh without mentioning the hairpin bends... Also the route to Sligo via Donegal Town was not aware of the new bypass opened several years ago