Roskilde or Dragor?

Search

Roskilde or Dragor?

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roskilde or Dragor?

We will be in Copenhagen for only a day and a half. Probably not enough time for two side trips. Since Roskilde and Dragor are both pretty close, I thought we should do one. The viking museum/fjord sound really interesting, but the architecture of Dragor sounds great too.....any thoughts? I will be taking lots of pictures either way.

T.
Old May 13th, 2007, 10:35 AM
ira

Hi tm,

Haven't been to Dragor.

Roskilde is a pleasant town at the head of a fjord.

In addition to the Viking Ship Museum, it has the Cathedral where the Royals are interred, and a pleasant "old town".

Old May 13th, 2007, 10:39 AM

A day and a half is not nearly eough time for Copenhagen itself (we were there 5 nights and didn't see evereything). In that was most of a day at Roskilde to see the town, Cathedral and Viking Ship Musuem.
Old May 13th, 2007, 07:06 PM

Dragor is VERY close to Copenhagen. It is located near Copenhagen's airport. We spent 4 days in Copenhagen, then rented a car and drove around the country for 4 days. When we returned to Copenhagen we spent our last two nights in Dragor. I remember it took only about 20-25 minutes to drive from Dragor to Tivoli.

I have not been to Roskilde, but we loved Dragor. Wonderful shops, nice views of the harbor and the famous new bridge to Malmo, wonderful restaurants, swimming beaches. We loved it. Since you have such a short time in Denmark, you should probably stay close to Copenhagen. You could just drive to Dragor from Copenhagen for the afternoon or evening.
Old May 19th, 2007, 07:14 AM

I reckomend you skip your outta town trips, if this is your first time in cph. A day and a half spend in cph is hardly enough.
Use the time in central cph. Check out the new Opera, take a stroll along Stroeget, inhale in Christiania, exhale in Kongens Have or Nyhavn.
Remember to use the Metro or the Vandbus, itll take u places quickly.
Bring a bike (or rent)
Great photoops? Christianshavn, Amalienborg, the harbour,
People. If the church by Christiania is open, go to the top and get a topnotch view.
Consider checkin out www.aok.dk, it'll tell u all about shops,restaurants,concerts the lot.
Anyway, have fun what ever u do.