Search

Rome with kids- Need a good hotel Budget not a biggy

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2019, 05:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome with kids- Need a good hotel Budget not a biggy

Hello
I have had great success getting help here in the past so I wanted to start with you knowledgeable folks. I need a few hotel recommendations near Spanish Steps or Piazza Navona area. June 2020 with 2 adults, 1 five year old and 1 thirteen year old. We would probably want one room or suite. Easy location to fountains and restaurants. Budget is not the most important. We are looking for comfort and location. We will be there for 5 days and are not comfortable with apartments (lack of understanding on our parts). Does anyone have a recommendation?
Old Jul 19th, 2019, 09:08 PM

Hotel Genio has quad rooms. Don't know the bed configuration. Great location immediately north of Piazza Navona. Good bus connections right outside the hotel to the left and more just off Piazza Navona, both on Corso d. Rinascimento and Corso Vittorio Emanuele. Lots of restaurants within a short walk. Very nice buffet breakfast on the top terrace with great views of Rome. I stayed there last September and will be there again this September.

Last edited by SusanP; Jul 19th, 2019 at 09:17 PM.
Old Jul 20th, 2019, 12:17 AM

If you try www.booking.com, you can enter 2 adults and 2 children and 1 room. Enter your destination as"Piazza Navona" and on the left-hand side, choose "hotel" as your type of lodging. Then you can sort the list by guest rating.

Some of these terms may be slightly different, as I'm translating from the Italian app of booking.com.

I live in Italy, and go to Rome often. I always use booking.com to find lodgings. I sometimes return to a hotel where I stayed before, but usually I find a more attractive deal, or a more convenient location, on booking.com.

Be sure to read the guest reviews before making a final decision.

Piazza Navona is more central than the Spanish Steps, but it's just a short walk from one to the other.
Old Jul 20th, 2019, 03:56 AM

Hotel Del Senato, right by the Pantheon, has some nice family suites. My sister’s family loved it.
Old Jul 20th, 2019, 06:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The best hotel near the Spanish Steps is the de Russie. $$$$ Absolutely beautiful gardens. You will see movie stars in the elevator.

Thin, aristocrat 🎭
Old Jul 20th, 2019, 09:11 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much everyone. I will take a look at these and hopefully find a good fit.
Old Jul 20th, 2019, 09:21 AM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
If money is not a concern, then the Hotel Hassler, at the top of the Spanish Steps -
https://www.hotelhasslerroma.com/en/hotel
Old Jul 20th, 2019, 04:16 PM

This might sound wildly off-track, as I know you want the Centro, but we stay three times in the Centro (the now-gone Intercontinental at the top of the Spanish Steps and twice in apartments). We loved the location. But last summer we brought out 18-year-old niece and for our collective sanity we wanted hotels with pools. We splurged and stayed at the Gran Melia Rome. The pool was a game changer. I don't think we will want to stay anywhere else in the heat of summer. Yes, it was a 30 minute stroll to the edge of the Centro (but just minutes to St. Peter's), but taxis were really prompt and affordable at less than 10E/trip when we just did not want to walk another step. The kids would love it!