Rome Restaurants--Easter Sunday

Apr 3rd, 2006, 07:46 PM
SAB
Original Poster

Rome Restaurants--Easter Sunday

It couldn't be avoided we are arriving in Rome on Easter Sunday in the evening and will be staying in apartment near the Campo dei Fiori--does anyone know of a decent restaurant in the area that is open for dinner on Sundays?
Apr 5th, 2006, 01:05 PM
SAB
Original Poster

TTT to see if anyone has any ideas.
Apr 5th, 2006, 01:37 PM

Most of the restaurants mentioned in the Campo de Fiori section of the Access Rome guidebook are open on Sunday for lunch and dinner. Whether they are open for dinner on Easter Sunday is another question altogether.

Here are the names as they occur in the chapter: L'Insalata Ricca, Grotte del Teatro di Pompeo, Der Pallaro (this is the place with the set menu and wine for 20 or 22 Euro), La Tartaruga, Da Pancrazio, Hostaria Romanesca (on the Campo; reserve 06 6864024), Ditirambo, La Carbonara, Hosteria La Barese, Da Luigi, Polese, Pierluigi.

I've eaten at La Tartaruga (good but a bit pricey), La Carbonara (coasting on its reputation; I've had much better spaghetti alla carbonara elsewhere), Polese (reasonable, quite satisfactory; also has pizza).
Apr 5th, 2006, 01:59 PM
SAB
Original Poster

Thanks Eloise--I guess we will have to just wait and see what places are open.
Apr 8th, 2006, 09:09 AM

We are also arriving in Rome on Easter Sunday and I have the same concern. We will be staying in the Spanish Steps area. I also posted about this, and was told that many restaurants are closed on Sundays (regardless) and that actually Easter Monday is more widely celebrated in Italy, and therefore the problem with things being closed may be more prevelant then.
Apr 8th, 2006, 11:34 AM

We were in Rome one year on Easter Sunday and Easter Monday and we did not have a problem finding restaurants that were open. I do not remember what restaurants we went to unfortantly.
Rome always has tourist and tourist generally stay in hotels and consequently cannot cook for themselves. I would ask at your hotel for restaurant suggestions. Enjoy!!
Apr 8th, 2006, 11:36 AM

Hi SAB, just reread your post and noted that you will be in an apartment. You shouldn't have a problem with finding restaurants that are open but perhaps you could contact whoever you are renting the apartment from for a couple of recommendations for restaurants.
Apr 8th, 2006, 03:37 PM
SAB
Original Poster

Thanks LI--I think we are probably going to just stroll the neighborhood to get acquainted with it and just see what's open. Easter Monday is going to be our lazy day--no definite plans--so will just see what's open then also. I've decided not to stress about where to eat on this trip, I've had enough stress over the apartment rental. We booked a place from RentalinRome in September, and when I emailed to check on the reservation 3 weeks ago they told me it was no longer available. All I can say is thank goodness for the people at SleepinItaly.
Apr 8th, 2006, 04:59 PM

Hi SAB, the first full day in Rome, yes just relax and walk and enjoy the sights. You will see restaurants and will be able to find a place that is open and where you will want to have dinner. After another good nights sleep you will be raring to go!!

So it sounds like you have your apartment all worked out. That is good. So you will be leaving a week from now. My wishes to you that you have a beautiful time in Rome. Enjoy every moment.
Apr 9th, 2006, 01:57 PM
SAB
Original Poster

Thanks LI--I leave on Saturday. This is to be our longer, promised return trip to Rome and then on to Sorrento. Last time we did all the usual things, although not in depth. This time we have less planned and will just take our time and wander. If we don't see all the things that people think we should not miss, so be it.