Search

Rome in August

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2003, 05:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome in August

I'm new to this site but have already gleaned some great info - thanks to everyone! Now, onto my questions . . . we're traveling to Italy in August. Will be staying with my husband's family in the Calabria region for the bulk of the trip but on our return, we'll be staying in Rome for 3 days/2 nights. "We" consists of my husband, 2 daughters (14 and 5) and me. Have already seen from Jenniferw's great message that the Hotel Due Torri seems like a great hotel. Any other hotel suggestions? In addition, my 5 year old will be celebrating her 6th birthday while we're in Rome. Any special ideas/restaurants that would appeal to a 6 year old??

Basically, any suggestions Roman would be so appreciated!
Old May 15th, 2003, 05:18 AM
Bootman4U

I'm sure you already know this but get ready for possible HEAT in terms of the weather. Every time I go to Rome in August, and they have been several, it seems as if it is unbearably hot..but I'm not the least bit reluctant to wear light clothing or shorts whether I look like a "tourist" or not...hope you enjoy your trip. I'm wondering if you'd want a hotel with a pool...but that might be out of your budget range..just a thought.

Old May 15th, 2003, 05:30 AM
Original Poster

thanks, Bootman4U. We were in Italy 3 years ago in August and it was unbearably hot! Are prepared for that . . . hot in Rome is still better than hot in Philadelphia! I would love a hotel with a pool but we also want to be able to walk to all the sights. Do you know of a hotel within walking distance to Spanish Steps/Trevi Fountain, etc??

Also, since I'm a moron, I repeated my message under the proper heading of Italy. I'm new to this!
Old May 15th, 2003, 05:31 AM

If I were celebrating my 6th birthday in Rome, there'd only be ONE place for me:

DELLA PALME!

Ice-cream heaven!!
(Near the Pantheon)

Steve
Old May 15th, 2003, 05:46 AM

I stayed at the Aldrovandi Palace a couple of months ago it has a lovely pool and garden area it's in the Parioli (sp) area and about a ten minute walk to Maria Del Poplo square and that's a couple of minute walk to the Spanish steps. The hotel also runs a free shuttle that runs every hour to the top of the Spanish Steps unfortunatly that last shuttle leaves for the hotel at 7:30 or at least that was the last one during the winter. We only took one taxi when we were there but I don't know if I would want to do all that walking in the heat.