Rome hotels - price comparison?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm planning a first trip to Italy for my husband and myself for next October and comparing various hotels and prices; would appreciate some guidance because of the wide range in pricing. I also wondered if I'm overlooking some way to find better rates; I've booked all of these directly through the hotels:

Alimandi -- Eu150 $195 including free airport shuttle

Santa Chiara -- Eu214 $278

Cesari -- Eu200 $260
Eu50 shuttle service

del Senato -- Eu265 $345

I'm using an exchange rate of $1.30 to the euro.

All these rates include taxes and breakfast. Thanks for any suggestions!
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 02:13 PM

Hi
We came back about 2 wks ago from Rome. We stayed at the Santa Chiara. Liked it very much. It has a great location by the Pantheon and within walking distance to the sight we wanted to see. We walked to the Vatican, ghetto, coloseum. The room was decent sized, very clean. It seems like a fairly quiet street. The buffet breakfast was very good. Prociutto, Parma Ham, mozzerella, plus the usual cereals, eggs. We would stay there again the location was excellent. The staff were helpful and friendly. Gave us good directions to get to the sights.
alan
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 06:58 PM

Stayed at both the Due Torri (n of Piazza navona in the centro storico) and the Lancelot, just beyond the Collesium last April 125 euro w/ excellent breakfasts. Bothcomfortable and convenient.
buon viaggio,
AndrewDavid
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 07:44 PM

We have stayed at the Cesari. As was the case with the other post, the location was great and with a great breakfast with a friendly staff. My main comment is on the booking. I had booked with Orbiz and had a confirmed rate of E135 per night. Our plans changed, we dicided on staying one extra night in Rome. I called Orbiz and was told I would need to cancel my reservations and just redo with the extra night. When I did it came up SOLD OUT. I tried every other on line booking company, all with the same rsult. We had already decided on the Cesari and I was tried of makeing arrangements so I called them direct. I got the reservation but at the E200 rate. So, I guess the lesson is to try so of the online agents to see if you can get a better rate where ever you stay.
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 06:44 AM

I stayed at Alimandi when we flew out of Rome for our last night. Wonderful place, fantastic breakfast, friendly staff. But- the location is less than desirable if you are considering wanting to be in the center of the city. Staying by the Pantheon or Piazza Navonna area is highly recommended especially for your first time.