Rome hotels and location

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 06:27 AM
julie

Rome hotels and location

A friend and I will be traveling to Rome next April. We are considering the following hotels: Campo dei Fiori, Residenza Zanardelli, Due Torri, and the Navona in the heart of Rome. We are also considering the Hotel Lancelot and the Hotel Colosseum located near the Colosseum. Which area would be the best? And has anyone stayed at any of these hotels?

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 08:27 AM
Greg

My vote is for the relaxing atmosphere near the Colosseum. I understand that the Hotel Lancelot has a 24 hour bar. What a nice idea to kick back with a cocktail and admire the lights flooding the Colosseum.

I do not belive you can do this at the Residenza Zanardelli or the Navona.

Anyway, wherever you stay you will be in Rome, Greg

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 06:35 AM
Marianna

Hi Julie,
I live and work in Rome as a tour guide and thought I would help you out. I would definately choose the area around Campo di Fiori and Piazza Navona. Here you are within walking distances of the Trevi fountain, the Pantheon and all the wonderful piazzas and fountains. It is also where all the great restaurants, wine bars and gelaterias are located. you will truly feel the atmosphere of this wonderful city. you have easy access by public transport or taxi to the Colosseum and the Vatican from here as well.
Residenza Zanardelli is a good choice as is Hotel Navona as they are run by the same people. I know Hotel Campo dei Fiori very well as it is right by our office. This hotel is very well located and quite nice. You may also want to consider Hotel Santa Chiara contact through www.albergosantachiara.com. This is a very good 3 star hotel, reasonably priced that many of my clients have stayed at and recommend.
I hope this helps you out but if you need any other information please feel free to email me direct at [email protected]
Regards Marianna

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 08:14 AM
geri

Our party of 4 spent three nights at Residenza Zanardelli in early March. The location was the best possible--within walking distance of everything from the Vatican to Colosseum to Trevi to Spanish Steps. Would definitely stay there again. Simple rooms, old, old building, more than adequate breakfast in a small room across from reception desk. Believe we paid 110Euro for each double. There are only 6 rooms, all on the first floor (one level above street.)

Wherever you stay, enjoy Rome, it's wonderful!

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 10:13 AM
Capo

Hi Julie. Don't know anything about those hotels but, after having stayed in three different locations in Rome -- the Spanish Steps, the Prati, and the south end of Piazza Navona -- and having visited the Colosseum and the surrounding area, I'd definitely recommend the Piazza Navona/Campo di Fiori area (although the Colosseum area would be fine too.)