Reload this Page >

Rome Hotel -Roma Globus (Tulip?)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2000, 09:49 PM
grace

We will be staying at this hotel in Rome, friend booked it as part of a package deal. It's a few blocks east of the Termini station. <BR>Any experiences with this hotel or part of town while we still have time to fix? <BR> <BR>Any input would be welcome.

Old Oct 11th, 2000, 07:15 AM
Ed

Don't know the hotel personally. It's certainly an out-of-the-way location. They claim to be close to the train statin but really are not. They're beyond the University, further east and north, up by the hospital. <BR> <BR>Staying there you're going to spend more time than we'd like on buses or cabs getting to and from sites. Ditto probably for restaurants as well. We've not had a bad meal ever in Rome, but there are certainly no notable restaurants in the area. <BR> <BR>Price for the hotel (rack rates ... presume you're getting 'deal?) is quite high given its location ... though it may be appropriate to its 'classification'. Tulip (Dutch chain) has a reputation as a solid (not spectacular) hotel operator, believe a subsidiary of KLM. You shouldn't expect anything very bad ... or very excellent. <BR> <BR>Can't comment on the location in terms of safety. Generally to the east of the train station is a bit uncomfortable for most, To the north is okay if inconvenient. The hotel is so far beyond where most tourists hang out that I've heard no feedback about the area ... could be okay, cold be uncomfortable. <BR> <BR>Don't know what you're paying for the hotel/package (if you do have a package) but there are certainly scads of hotels better located for at least as good a value-for-money ratio. <BR> <BR>Rome.Switzerland.Bavaria <BR>www.twenj.com <BR>

Old Oct 11th, 2000, 10:10 AM
Rose

<BR> <BR>Hi Grace, <BR> <BR>I stayed there last October as part of a tour with Trafalgar, is that who this is through? It really is out of the way, although the rooms are quite large and nice enough and we had a vast balcony, about as big as the Room! The Tulip is 2 metro stops away from the Termini station. The area is relatively safe but can be a little noisy due to being around the University, but Rome IS noisy, so that consideration can be put aside. <BR> <BR>My summary is it's nice enough, but not close to anything. Take it if you're getting an incredible deal, if not, pass. <BR> <BR>Also, note that Trafalgar does use this hotel (or did last Oct) so there may be lots of people coming and going.

Old Sep 14th, 2004, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found a price of 45 Euros per night (inclusive) on the www.hotels.de site for my January stay. This seems excellent for a single room with an ensuite bathroom in a reasonably nice hotel (based on reviews). However - the location is such that I can't see myself being comfortable returning after dark - it's 400 meters from a subway station and sounds like it is somewhat deserted.

But I'm bringing it to the top in case anyone else happens to be interested in that particular deal. This hotel might work out okay for a couple walking together, for example. The prices on other sites for this hotel are *much* higher.
Old Sep 15th, 2004, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can also get this 45 Euro deal directly from the GoldenTulip.com web site.