Rome Hotel, please H E L P!!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 06:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so I have poured over websites and message boards looking for a decent hotel in Rome for two nights, in a decent area for around $120usd a night. I have found lots of nice hotels but they were just out of my pricerange and the others that I have found were in questionable areas or too far, or got terrible reviews. So, can anyone help with my dilemna??

I will be in Rome March 10-12, I feel like my head will explode if I do any more searching. I think I am in planning overlode...
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 06:47 PM

I'm not sure it's worth whipping yourself into such a frenzy over two nights in a hotel. You mention that you "have found lots of nice hotels but they were just out of my price range...." Why not shift your budget around a bit, book one of those hotels, and relax?
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 07:00 PM

is it for you only, or a double?..

Nicolas Inn has a single for 90-120€, and doubles for 100-150€.
http://www.nicolasinn.com/

Hotel Julia has singles for 66-120€ and doubles for 88-190€
www.hoteljulia.it/

Hotel Italia - singles 50-90€, doubles 70-130€
http://www.hotelitaliaroma.com/en.htm
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 08:59 PM

Try some of the bed and breakfasts. I was reading through talk last night and there were some nice one's for under $100.00. Mairlee
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 09:32 PM

We liked the Hotel Italia - good service, location was walkable to most major sites, comfortable.

Give them a try.
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 11:25 PM

Rome is a huge city - which section/area do you want to stay in? Have you researched what you are going to see and if you want to be close to those attractions or not? I always stay in the Campo Dei Fiori area of central Rome, within walking distance to the Pantheon, Roman Forum monuments, etc. The Campo area is just south of the main boulevard, Corso Vittorio Emanuele, accessible from the Roma Termini train station via bus #64. There are 2 hotels there that I recommend: Hotel Campo Dei Fiori and the Albergo della Lunetta that offer double rooms for ~100(+/-) euros each. The Hotel Campo Dei Fiori rate includes a daily breakfast.

I would also refer to the "Let's Go! Italy" guide book for great recommendations on hotels for single, young, budget or otherwise travelers. I use the guide all the time and their recommendations haven't been wrong! Plus, in March the hotel rates will be lower as that is off-season and fewer tourists at that time. Buon viaggio!
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 11:33 PM

There is a post here from a month ago from the author of Hello Italy series. She is quitting researching due to health and is selling the books below cost from her own publishing co. I ordered one for 7$ and it has so much good information, not only on inexpensive hotels, but general information and restaurant recs. Look up Margo Classe' in the search box.

Hi Huitres!
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 11:40 PM

Hi SeaUrchin - good to hear from you! Thanks for the tip, I am always on the lookout for some good travel guide books with different suggestions, tips (I buy a lot of my books at bookcloseouts.com, with book prices at 50%-75% off normal prices all the time. I paid only $7.99 for my "Let's Go! travel guide - this is normally a $22.99 book).

P.S. I owe some more trip reports and thank you for prompting me re: Milan (I posted that trip report last month - finally!) Have you been back to Italy recently?
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 03:58 AM

The Daphne Inn is E120 per night including tax and breakfast. They have two locations (right near each other) one at Trevi and one at Veneto. It received an excellent review in The Washington Post and has gotten great reviews on tripadvisor. www.daphne-rome.com
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Louisa!! I really like the style and price of the Daphne and booked it this morning!

I am one of those people that likes to have everything secure well before their trip, especially since this is my first trip to Italy. Can't wait to get there!!
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 08:37 AM

I'm so glad that worked out for you. I'm going on March 22 and cannot wait. Enjoy Rome; it is one of my favorite cities in the world.
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 09:12 AM

Glad you found a hotel. You can always request a double room for single use. The rate is cheaper for one person than it is for two people.