Notices

Hotels in Rome with gym.

Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in Rome with gym.

Last Saturday night after dinner and a couple drinks my daughter and son-in-law asked me and my husband to join them on a trip to Rome. If you are a parent, you understand how valuable was that offer. We booked tickets right away (Alitalia had a nice promotion). Now I am in charge of getting hotel and filling in our 5 days there 03/27-04/02. I need your help.
3 out of 4 travelers (guess who) are very much gym fans and requested hotel that will give them a chance to spend 1-1,5h there daily. We are going to walk a lot, but it is not enough for them.
Can anybody recommend hotel in a nice central location in up to $250 or a little bit more price range with gym room. Should they expect to see a small room with a couple outdated bikes that are hardly operative (I saw that in our hotel in Spain some years ago)?
Any comments will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 09:55 AM

This will be hard to get for that price (about 160 Euros per night) in a central area. In fact, 160 Euros per night seems to get you a pretty basic hotel room in Rome, particularly as you are booking last minute.

I'd start looking for freestanding gyms, because I just don't think you can get what you want. You'll have a hard enough time getting a room, period.
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 09:57 AM

Hotel Capo d'Africa near the Colosseum/Forum has a modern gym but double rooms are close to $300 per night. The Crown Plaza St. Peter's also has a gym but not sure how well equipped it is, and it is not centrally located. I beleive the Radisson SAS near Termini also has a gym.
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 10:02 AM

The Alamani Hotel near the Vaticain had a gym and the equipment looked decent. The price was very reasonable around $90 euros
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 1 Post
Instead of limiting yourselves to the few moderately priced hotels w/ gyms - why not book the best hotel you can find and use local fitness clubs?? I'd hate to have to choose my hotel based on a gym - It is ROME and 'dI want the nicest/best located hotel w/i my budget.

http://rome.angloinfo.com/af/285/rom...s-classes.html

Your hotel's front desk can probably also recommend nearby facilities.
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 11:50 AM

Really consider that you can definitely get a workout in Rome without going to a gym. You've heard of the 7 Hills of Rome?

Much nicer to walk around Rome for that hour and a half to get your exercise!
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 12:24 PM

I agree, with all the steps, hills and walking I would hate to spend any time in a gym. Unless they want that experience.

Tell them to run up and down the "Spanish Steps" a few times! Bench press their suitcases!