Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What is the hottest boutique hotel in Rome right now?

Old May 2nd, 2004, 11:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember reading a thread here awhile back about some hotel that was very new, interesting and trendy, and I believe it was a boutique hotel. I have a friend who is going to Rome, and is looking for a hotel that is in the range of 200-400 Euros per night. I tend to do budget so that's all I'm aware of, so please help!
Old May 2nd, 2004, 12:24 PM

Not sure what's new and trendy in Boutique hotels, but we stayed at Condotti near Piazza de Spagne which is small and of that type. We were pleased with staff, rooms & location.
Old May 2nd, 2004, 01:07 PM

Sorry, I don't know what thread you are referring to. However, the only new hotel in Rome that I've heard about that's considered a boutique hotel is Hotel Es.

But the rates are not between 200-400 euros per night. Per their website a standard double room for single use (the lowest category they offer) is going for 400 euros/night. And the rates escalate from there. Breakfast isn't offered and costs 30 euros/pp.

I'm not sure if this is the hotel you are referring to.
Old May 2nd, 2004, 01:27 PM
Singletail

You want trendy? You want Moderne? You want to be near the Via Veneto away from the tourist "riff-raff" jamming the Spanish Steps?
Try the Boscolo Aleph and tell them to enjoy the full elevator blow-ups of Sophia Loren throwing a platefull of pasta at some unknown man in one of her films!

Old May 2nd, 2004, 02:55 PM

The hottest boutique hotel in Rome is Albergo del Senato, bar none. With only 49 rooms, boutique is the appropriate classification to describe this supremely decorated palazzo.

Hotel Es is new, modern-flashy and trendy-interesting but, with 235 rooms, pool, and a conference center to accommodate 500, there's nothing "boutique" about this property.