Rome apartments help

Search

Rome apartments help

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 01:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome apartments help

Looking for information on apartment rentals for 7 people or two different apartments in the same building

Going over the summer 2007 and air conditioning is a must. Last time I was in Rome over the summer it was 90 degrees each day and we were happy to have AC in the hotel room
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 02:33 PM

Have you looked over on the Slow Travel website? They specialize in aparment rentals abroad and have a lot of listings for rome, including 2 and 3 bedroom options.
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 02:55 PM
Neopolitan

Someone very recently posted a link to an apartment they're renting near Campo Fiori and there were actually a number of apartments in that building -- all air conditioned. I can't seem to search it, but does anyone know what that place was?
They really looked nice, and you'd all be in the same building.

Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 07:29 AM

I was just recently looking at Rome apartments too and found lots of potential listings on www.romeby.com and www.sleepinitaly.com . Seems like many of them are air conditioned and I remember seeing several listings with multiple apartments in the same building. I think www.venere.com also lists apartments.

Good luck!
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 11:52 AM

This could be the one near the Campo with several apts. in the same building.
http://www.sleepinitaly.com/files/apt_bolloM.html
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 12:10 PM

I think this is the post Neopolitan is thinking of:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34791197
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Neopolitan

Yes, that's the one. Thanks, Eloise. Is ga9497 still here and still looking?

Old Apr 26th, 2006, 02:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
on our recent Rome trip, we reanted an apartment through "Italy Accom", who were very friendly and helpful, especially when our first choice cancelled due to family problems. We found them by "googling" "rome apartments" - there are loads of agencies, most with some large properties. If you are stuck to find one big enough, you could consider getting two adjoining, though that might not be so much fun. I found that the best tactic was to e-mail the agency with a list of our requirements, [as specific as possible - be clear about what is essential, and what merely desirable] and wait to see what transpired. The most professional were quick to reply with a list of options and costs, which we could then take further, [or not]. Good luck!
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 03:24 PM

We are a family of four and we used Sleep in Italy to book our apartments for Rome and Florence. They are very easy to work with when making reservations. They had many chocies with air conditioning in some cases you had to specify that you wanted the A/C and they would provide a window unit. I also wanted to have washer/dryer and hair dryer. I don't want to haul hair dryers and converters all over Europe. We leave in early July and I'll be sure to post a trip report. Mary
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 03:26 PM

We just booked an apartment for 5 people through Sleep in Italy. I will let you know when we return (June 9th) how it is. We were in the same boat as you all trying to stay together.