Search

Rome apartment

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2022, 01:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome apartment

Am looking for apartment 4 adults with 2 bathrooms , don’t want to be over near the Vatican would like closer to Pantheon or around Colosseum so I can walk everywhere. Thanks appreciate any suggestions + reasonable price jen🌻

Last edited by gentle; May 5th, 2022 at 02:23 AM.
Old May 5th, 2022, 02:19 PM

Take a look at sleepinitaly.com. They are good, although they don't have as many options as they used to have. The other place to look is booking.com. You can put in your requirements and do a search. I'm staying at one I found there in a couple of weeks.
Old May 5th, 2022, 07:22 PM

We have used RomeLoft in the past and we’re happy with our rental. https://www.romeloft.com. They have quite a few apartments with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
Old May 5th, 2022, 07:38 PM

We have used https://www.floraliahomes.com/immobili/gloxinia-red/. There are 4-5 different apartments and the building is right by Campo de Fiori.
Old May 8th, 2022, 04:06 AM

We've had good experiences with Air BnB for apartments in Italy, and found our apartment near the Pantheon for our October trip on that platform. It can be confusing and overwhelming because the same apartment may be listed on different sites, and all have different fees, etc. For us, the most important thing is communication with the owner/manager and paying careful attention to the reviews.
Old May 8th, 2022, 07:05 AM

We also used Airbnb and found a great apartment near Trevi fountain.
Shelly
Old May 10th, 2022, 01:28 PM

I use booking.com for apartments. Most have credit card payments and reasonable cancellation terms. These things are often problematic with apartment rentals.
Old May 10th, 2022, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Paqngo
We have used https://www.floraliahomes.com/immobili/gloxinia-red/. There are 4-5 different apartments and the building is right by Campo de Fiori.
We’ve stayed in both of the upper floor apartments with terraces. Beautiful views from both.
Old May 11th, 2022, 09:50 AM

macdogmom: did you find the area particularly noisy or crowded?
Old May 11th, 2022, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by adlmllr
macdogmom: did you find the area particularly noisy or crowded?
It’s in a very social part of town. We were there in May both times and we just shut our windows at night. Don’t remember it being a huge problem but I can barely remember what happened last week, so don’t quote me . I liked the location and you could walk everywhere. Campo de’Fiori is very close as is Jewish quarter with great restaurants and a pretty easy walk to Pantheon and Vatican. I just loved the terraces and we had drinks and aperitifs every night before we went to dinner outside looking over the rooftops.

Just looked at the website and we stayed in the Pink and Yellow apartments. Those are the only two with terraces.

Last edited by macdogmom; May 11th, 2022 at 10:23 AM.
Old May 11th, 2022, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by macdogmom
It’s in a very social part of town. We were there in May both times and we just shut our windows at night. Don’t remember it being a huge problem but I can barely remember what happened last week, so don’t quote me . I liked the location and you could walk everywhere. Campo de’Fiori is very close as is Jewish quarter with great restaurants and a pretty easy walk to Pantheon and Vatican. I just loved the terraces and we had drinks and aperitifs every night before we went to dinner outside looking over the rooftops.

Just looked at the website and we stayed in the Pink and Yellow apartments. Those are the only two with terraces.
We have stayed in the blue apartment. I loved the walk ability from the apartment. I would walk to Roscioli in the morning and pick up breakfast. The bedrooms were very quiet as they are at the back of the apartment. There is a 116 electric bus from this area that will take you across town to Villa Borghese.
Old May 11th, 2022, 01:21 PM

When I was in Rome in September of 2019, the 116 electric bus had been discontinued.
Old May 11th, 2022, 02:32 PM

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
We liked the Domus Julia, near the Spanish Steps.
https://www.domusjulia.com
Old May 11th, 2022, 02:37 PM
J62

Originally Posted by macdogmom
We’ve stayed in both of the upper floor apartments with terraces. Beautiful views from both.
We've stayed in that same building - the blue apartment close to 2 decades ago. It was under a different listing name, but with the same color /namng convention. The location is great. We love that general area - easy to walk around the historic center, or over to Trastevere for dinner. Plenty of restaurants right nearby, and several small grocery stores to get supplies. For ages there has been a great bakery right around the corner. Don't know if it's still there. Four (4) decades ago we would get coffee to go and fresh baked rolls for breakfast. It was still there 5 years ago and as good as ever.

Easy access to the tram/bus center at Largo Argentina as well so easy to get longer distance.

That street is a very social street at night but the double paned window close out any noise.