Rome Accommodations - Help!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Fodorites, we are a family of four planning our first trip to Italy. I have found many short term apartment rentals throughout Rome which we usually prefer. I'm just not certain of the best area to stay. I read public transportation in Rome is not the best, so a good location is even more important. I'm considering apartments near the Pantheon/Piazza Navonna, Campo d'Fiori, the Colosseum, or even some around Trevi Fountain. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...
Old Aug 8th, 2012, 05:28 PM

I like the Pantheon/Piazza Navona best - the most central - and you can easily walk to the most sights.
Old Aug 8th, 2012, 05:37 PM

We were there in June, our apartment was on Governo del Vecchio, 2 blocks from the Pantheon and 1 block south of Piazza Navona. It was an ideal location for us, easy to get to most places by walking and lots of choices for dinner. We took a cab to the colosseum but walked most everywhere else(including the Vatican). We were really happy we rented an apt vs hotel, great with kids to have extra space.
Old Aug 8th, 2012, 05:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with the preference for the Piazza Navona area but would also include the Campo d'Fiori area. The two areas are very close together and the apartment would be the deciding factor for me.
Old Aug 8th, 2012, 05:42 PM

Agree - Piazza Navona, then Campo dei Fiori.
Old Aug 8th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for the quick replies. We appreciate the recommendations of fellow travelers...It seems like Piazza Navona is the way to go....
Old Aug 8th, 2012, 07:32 PM

We stayed here in May https://www.sleepinitaly.com/en/show...d_appartam=272

Great apt for four. Very quiet location just off the campo, on the third floor. Left the shutters open at night. Apt is just like in the pics. Would definitely stay here again.

We loved shopping at the market daily. Great gelato just across the campo from the apt...we should know, we had one every night on our walk back to the apt (good thing we did a lot of walking)...great memories. Easy bus connections anywhere you wanted to go, but we walked 95% of the time.