Romatic Paris Hotels?

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 10:34 PM
Craig

Romatic Paris Hotels?

My wife and I are planning our first trip to Paris to celebrate our 10th anniversary. Any romatic hotels under $150 a night? Saw Parc Saint Severin and Duquesne Eifell on the web. Anyone stay there? (We might even start working on baby #2...)

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 04:11 AM
elaine

Craig, there are lots of romantic hotels that have been recommended on this forum, you can do a Search on Paris hotel and find lots of comments. You can check for comments on the hotels you mentioned at www.hotelboulevard.com and www.paris.org <BR>A few of the hotels frequently mentioned on this forum are <BR>Leveque (some rooms have balconies, also recommended by Rick Steves); Le Regent; <BR>Familia; d'Aubusson; Relais Bosquet; <BR>Lenox; l'Universite;Champ-de-Mars; <BR>Jardin du Luxembourg (some rooms have balconies);Bersoly; and le Tourville. <BR>If you want to look at my Paris notes, feel free to email. <BR>Congratulations <BR>

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 08:51 AM
Me

Hi Craig, <BR> <BR>I highly recommend Le Tourville near the Ecole Militaire. The superior double is $155 and well worth it - large room, beautiful dresser and draperies, quiet (ask for a room on the back side). Bathrooms are white tile with black marble and very large. <BR> <BR>Lobby is elegant, staff (especially Marguerite at the front desk)are very helpful. <BR> <BR>Close to Champ du Mars for nice walks and just around the corner from the Ecole Militaire Metro. <BR> <BR>Happy Anniversary!

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 09:09 AM
Craig

Thanks. We're esp. interested in rooms w/ balconies, so I'll definitely check those out. I was clicking around hotelboulevard.com, but i didn't see anywhere to specify things like "backside room" or "view". How do they work that?

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 09:33 AM
Thyra

Craig, Fodor's puts out a wonderful book called "Hotels of Character and Charm in Paris " It's worth just looking through it at the bookstore because it has lovely color pictures. If you want a specific room request it in advance. Just a note though, several hotels we've stayed at in Paris charge an additional suppliment for a room with a view, not much, like $10.00-$20.00 just be aware of it.

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 12:26 PM
Lesli

Congratulations! There is a recent article on the Bonjour Paris site called "Hotels Made For Romance and More." The initial listings are out of your price range (and mine!), but scroll down and there are more moderately priced accomodations. (There are also a couple of older articles entitled "Small and Charming Hotels in Paris - Best Buys/Moderately Priced") <BR> <BR>http://www.bparis.com/index.htm

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 03:27 PM
guy

I second le Tourville and Marguerite. Stayed there in Sept of last year. Loved the hotel and the staff were wonderful. Extremely helpful in all things requested. I also loved the location. Very close to the Eiffel Tower and just a nice place to walk around and shop. Also there was a Metro station very close by. Can't say enough good things about it!!!

Old Jun 17th, 2000, 08:46 PM
Craig

Thanks for the tips. HotelBoulevard is a great site. They told me the Parc St. Severin was full. How reliable are they as a service? Am I better off at a live travel agent? <BR> <BR>Also interested in Familia or Claude Bernard. Any opinions?

Old Jul 13th, 2000, 10:41 AM
Topper

To the top for Susan.

Old Aug 9th, 2000, 01:05 AM
Bob

Hello Craig, If you're looking for something very unique and romantic in Paris, there's a private river boat docked next to the Eiffel Tower in the Port de Suffren which the owner rents directly. You may want to have a look at Quai48parisvacation.com for something very special and not expensive.

Old Aug 9th, 2000, 04:48 AM
elaine

Craig <BR>The Familia has been much-praised on this forum and elsewhere, including the book Cheap Sleeps in Paris which mentioned the pride the family-owners take in their hotel. Rooms are small, but some have views and/or balconies. Hairdryers and elevator, no a/c. <BR>In my opinion you don't need a travel agent to find you a hotel, they are rarely willing to do as much research as you are clearly interested in doing. You can find a couple of hotels that you like and have the agent book one for you if you want. <BR>"Cheap Sleeps in Paris" also recommends the Claude Bernard as having a free sauna, nice decor (redone in '96) <BR>and mentions that the rooms that face the street are very noisy. The hotel has a/c.

Old Sep 12th, 2000, 09:49 AM
Topping

To the top for romantics.