24 hrs. in Paris -- which restaurants?

Old Sep 11th, 2000, 08:08 AM
cholly

24 hrs. in Paris -- which restaurants?

You're arriving in Paris mid-afternoon for a one-day wonder trip. You've got time for a little sight-seeing, but you are mainly there for memorable dining. Where would you have your one dinner, breakfast, and lunch?

Old Sep 11th, 2000, 09:35 AM
Tracy

Hey Cholly,

How do we know you're not a FodorTroll trying to mine our all-time fave nosheries?

Sorry . . . no can tell! But give us your neighborhoods, and maybe other gastrotourists will post . . .

Old Sep 11th, 2000, 04:16 PM
cholly

No troll, just trying to give a favorite brother a recommendation to remember. Would you settle for a price range -- between $US30-50 per person for dinner and proportionately less for lunch and petit dejeuner -- and might as well say Rive Gauche, the 3 arr.s along the river.

Old Sep 12th, 2000, 05:30 AM
francesca

Try having a look at the excellent Zagat guide to Paris restaurants (www.zagat.com). You can search by price range and neighborhood and get comments straight from the locals.

Old Sep 12th, 2000, 05:40 AM
TJ

For a "taste of Paris" in one day, I might suggest a dinner at a classic brasserie like Brasserie Balzar in the Latin Quarter, then a walk up Blvd. St. Germain for coffee on the terrace at Les Deux Magots, Cafe de Flore, or one of the lesser-known ones on a side street. I'm also a fan of La Coupole, another classic brasserie, with coffee somewhere on Blvd Montparnasse afterwards, just like Hemingway. Plenty of fine-dining options, of course, but probably not in that price range.

Old Sep 12th, 2000, 06:02 AM
elaine

Have to allow time for a late afternoon break at Angelina's or Lauduree
for coffee/hot chocolate and pastries and cookies.

Old Sep 12th, 2000, 09:57 AM
julie

My husband and I dined twice on Ile St. Louis at the Sargent Recruiter--amazing place and well-priced. It's a gastronomic bonanza! You won't be disappointed. Also, have a drink at one of the outdoor tables at Les Deux Maggots.